Chanel Transparent & Futurustic *pics*

maxter

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
From the WSJ - I will post article in The Wardrobe but thought you all might like to see the Chanel stuff.

Playing Fashion's New Angles
A-line mini dresses.
Lucite shoes.
This spring, designers are pushing futuristic clothes that echo the '60s.
But fearful the bold styles could flop, some retailers are watering them down.
How to look just mod enough.
By CHERYL LU-LIEN TAN
January 27, 2007; Page P1​

ChanelTransparent.jpg
ChanelFuturisticWedge.jpg

Mod-style bold prints as seen in this $1,290 Pucci dress are big this season. Another key trend: futuristic seethrough handbags made of plastic, like this $895 one by Chanel. High-end labels such as Louis Vuitton and Fendi have trotted out platform shoes with striking, architectural heels. This $795 futuristic Chanel wedge comes with a seethrough cutout on its heel.
ChanelDress.jpg
Chanel Dress $2010

love the transparent bag ("Naked bag") especially good for working in retail, with most of the stores' rules regarding having to carry see-through bags...and this style i would wear for evenings also
for me, the chain and CC clasp make it Chanel-ey!! :yes: thanks for sharing this

I know it's Chanel, but I don't think the clear plastic would hold up for very long. I imagine it getting scuffed, scratched, and quite possibly even torn. It's a cute look, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with people being able to see inside my bag.