Chanel totes sagging

Nataliecluu

Mar 12, 2016
Hi guys,

Earlier this year I had to let go of my GST because the sagging was driving me crazy and I hate the way it was starting to look. I've recently been entertaining the thought of perhaps purchasing another large Chanel tote but afraid the same sagging situation will occur again. Any ladies out there with the new totes have any comments in regards to the sagging issues? Thanks a bunch!!

Hi guys,

Earlier this year I had to let go of my GST because the sagging was driving me crazy and I hate the way it was starting to look. I've recently been entertaining the thought of perhaps purchasing another large Chanel tote but afraid the same sagging situation will occur again. Any ladies out there with the new totes have any comments in regards to the sagging issues? Thanks a bunch!![/QUOTE

Was the sagging a result of not storing your tote properly ? Julia

Depends on the type of sagging -- perhaps a base shaper/organizer would help?
I'd also look into contacting Leather Surgeons --you can send them pics for recommendations for if/how they can repair :smile:

i have 3 PSTs, and like the GST they get saggy. i find that storing them laying down (and super super stuffed) is best, and that the totes lined with leather will not sag as quickly as the ones lined with satins and fabric. if you can find a leather-lined tote it will decrease sagging quite a lot. i also use a homemade/DIY baseshaper for my PSTs which helps.

The design is rather different than the GST but I LOVE my Gabrielle tote. None of the Gabrielle bags' bottoms are ever going to sag! ;)

I think all totes will and should sag some, unless you find a bag that truly is reinforced on the bottom. I don't have a true tote by any designer that is so rigid on the bottom that it won't sag some. Leather is pliable and soft, it's natural. JMO.

Does anyone store it hanging up? Like on a hanger? Or is that just crazy? :P
I already sold my GST last year but miss having a Chanel tote and thinking about getting another tote. Maybe I'll just have to get over the sagging. I have the neverfull and totally but it's just not the same.

I am considering purchasing the Chanel large shopping tote (which seems to be the replacement for the GST). One thing that makes me hesitate is that as much as I love the bag, it looks like it will get sagging bottom corners in time, due to use and storage. This is a risk I am not prepared to take when you consider the price of this bag ($4900 USD)! I read that some people store the bag on the side. That makes me concerned that the beautiful quilting will get flattened over time. So I mentally devised a system that I think MAY minimize the sagging. My idea is to purchase a rigid base shaper. The shaper would be used only for storing the bag. Here is how it would work. When preparing the bag for storage, put the rigid base shaper in the bottom of the bag. Then insert a sturdy plastic box that is narrower than the bag on all sides, but is taller than the bag. Lastly, turn the bag upside down so that the bag is suspended upside down, with the top of the bag one or more inches above the shelf it is sitting on. Then place the dust cover over the bag. There will be no gravity pulling the bottom corners down, which is what eventually makes the bag get "saggy bottom." What do you lovelies think of this idea? Am I going too deep into the weeds on this? Maybe I should simply choose a LV bag that is not as pricey? I wish I could store myself upside down to allow gravity to give me an easy face lift! :smile:

Reactions: PetiteAsian
I am considering purchasing the Chanel large shopping tote (which seems to be the replacement for the GST). One thing that makes me hesitate is that as much as I love the bag, it looks like it will get sagging bottom corners in time, due to use and storage. This is a risk I am not prepared to take when you consider the price of this bag ($4900 USD)! I read that some people store the bag on the side. That makes me concerned that the beautiful quilting will get flattened over time. So I mentally devised a system that I think MAY minimize the sagging. My idea is to purchase a rigid base shaper. The shaper would be used only for storing the bag. Here is how it would work. When preparing the bag for storage, put the rigid base shaper in the bottom of the bag. Then insert a sturdy plastic box that is narrower than the bag on all sides, but is taller than the bag. Lastly, turn the bag upside down so that the bag is suspended upside down, with the top of the bag one or more inches above the shelf it is sitting on. Then place the dust cover over the bag. There will be no gravity pulling the bottom corners down, which is what eventually makes the bag get "saggy bottom." What do you lovelies think of this idea? Am I going too deep into the weeds on this? Maybe I should simply choose a LV bag that is not as pricey? I wish I could store myself upside down to allow gravity to give me an easy face lift! :smile:
I hang all my "questionable" totes using this hanger from the container store. Works well!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191118-211530_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191118-211530_Chrome.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 214