Chanel Tote?---help me!

jcoop

O.G.
May 22, 2008
Texas
I am wanting to get a Chanel tote. I love the fact that this particular bag has 1 shoulder strap and the smaller handle straps. Does anyone have this tote and let me know your feedback if you do? I'm open for other tote suggestions as well!
TIA! Chanel Tote.jpeg
Jen :biggrin:

Vanana

I could give up shopping, but I'm not a quitter.
Jun 28, 2015
This tote seems to be pretty big in size on you (assume it's you in the photo?). Do you like/need a larger size tote? It's a Chanel tote so it's nice for sure. This is definitely one of the larger totes I've seen (and definitely 1st time seeing this particular one). A few things come to mind regarding this tote, for your consideration on fit for you:
  • Is this tote heavy? if you load it up with stuff you need to carry, would the weight be too much?
  • this tote is more of a briefcase styling, is this the sort of shape you prefer/like for your purposes? (for example, if I want to use it for both work and casual, I don't see myself carrying this one casually for sure)
  • Is this made of caviar leather? or some other type? the reason I ask: since it seems to be of quite a large size, and a very structured angular shape, I think it's likely that one would use the long shoulder strap often to carry that weight. As such, first few things that came to mind while this large bag swings around would be corner wear and scratches from the bag potentially banging into corners, things or people.
HTH!

imgg

O.G.
Jul 26, 2006
I am wanting to get a Chanel tote. I love the fact that this particular bag has 1 shoulder strap and the smaller handle straps. Does anyone have this tote and let me know your feedback if you do? I'm open for other tote suggestions as well!
TIA! View attachment 3549891
Jen :biggrin:
This would be great for business, but if you're looking for something everyday. I would consider their new classic tote that replaced the GST.

jcoop

O.G.
May 22, 2008
Texas
^that wasn't me in the photo but I am about the same size
~loved the feedback! always makes me think of ways that I wasn't necessarily thinking :smile:
~think I am going to look at some others :smile:
Jen