CHANEL Toronto - Yorkville

Pursecake

Jan 27, 2010
Worst experience ever.

I'm not sure who the SAs think they are but they're so pretentious that it disgusted me. I walked into the store with the intent to purchase a classic flap and no one even paid attention to me... when I did they barely even made an effort and their tone was so condescending.

I wanted to know about the medium quilted boy bag too and she didn't even tell me that i should come back in a few weeks she said: "come back in a few weeks" and walks away.

So seriously, **** them, i will buy my chanel somewhere else, my friend has a nice SA in Seattle so i will wait.

I have no idea who these SAs are but someone needs to remind them that they don't own any of those bags but they are selling them. So a bit of respect and kindness should be common sense with sales. :mad:

Now i don't even know if i want to buy anything from Chanel or even try the boutique in Yorkdale...

H-Angel

O.G.
Apr 9, 2010
yeah... sometimes I wonder about them too... Not sure how they make their sales acting like this. For me.. I just be the better person and let it pass... but I am this close to setting them straight on WHO HAS THE MONEY TO BUY and WHO NEEDS MY MONEY TO GET THEIR PAYCHECK!

Pursecake

Jan 27, 2010
yeah... sometimes I wonder about them too... Not sure how they make their sales acting like this. For me.. I just be the better person and let it pass... but I am this close to setting them straight on WHO HAS THE MONEY TO BUY and WHO NEEDS MY MONEY TO GET THEIR PAYCHECK!
Exactly!
Apparently speaking mandarin will get their attention.

tiffany_

May 12, 2013
Haha -- same goes for Vancouver Chanel at HR. Ridiculous service. You see SAs standing around not helping customers and they don't even bother to greet or ask whether you need help for anything.

Perhaps speaking Mandarin would work but I highly doubt it. Last time I walked in there, I had finished shopping at LV and Hermes, carrying big brown and orange bags. Still, nobody in there bothered with me. I rather bring my money somewhere else and pay a bit more than to tolerate that kind of attitude.

Cyndee

LVChanelVegasSunnies
O.G.
Jul 23, 2007
Canada
www.luxetouchbags.com
Do you mean the YorkDALE store or another one? If you are talking about Yorkdale, then I agree, nearly all of the SA's there are not worth your time or giving them your hard earned money. There is one exception though and her name is Tatsiana. I highly recommend her. I have worked with her on a number of transactions now and she is just top notch. You might want to call the boutique in advance and check her schedule to see if she will be in the day you are planning on visiting.
As for both of the other Toronto downtown locations, I don't have much to say about any of the SA's there either. I've been trying to find a good one there for a number of years now. I pretty much gave up.

theilnana

O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
I prefer the Yorkdale shop to to Bloor St. any day. I live really close to Yorkville and never go in anymore. Sadly, I buy most of my bags in the states; but with the rough exchange rate right now that has come to an end. I really don't think the service has anything to do with language or race I just think the service sucks at the Bloor St. boutique in general. Yorkdale is a little better and usually has better stock. My sister found an impossible to find WOC there last week and the girl was great. The SA that helped us out was Tamara. We had to ask for help but after we asked she was super helpful. Really went out of her way.

Aug 12, 2008
Area Code 905, Canada
I think this is how the service level is for all of the Canadian stores are in general - yet any boutique in the states the service is fantastic! I have purchased bags here and get much better service when I just by costume jewellery in the States..like a $300 brooch and they treat me like A VIP (its embarrasing at times) but when you buy a big ticket item here its like you are a nuisance...even though you are dropping over $3k on a bag... I just don't get it...

Angelbabygal

May 19, 2013
I prefer to go to yorkdale the service is a lot better. They are more inviting. But honestly it depend on the day and time and sa u meet.

jnnfr

Apr 26, 2014
Canada
Haha -- same goes for Vancouver Chanel at HR. Ridiculous service. You see SAs standing around not helping customers and they don't even bother to greet or ask whether you need help for anything.

Perhaps speaking Mandarin would work but I highly doubt it. Last time I walked in there, I had finished shopping at LV and Hermes, carrying big brown and orange bags. Still, nobody in there bothered with me. I rather bring my money somewhere else and pay a bit more than to tolerate that kind of attitude.
Yup, the service is just as bad on the west coast. This is exactly why I'm waiting to buy my bag in the US or in Europe or wait until Nordstrom opens in Vancouver. It's sad when the customer greets the employees just for the sake of being polite and they can't even muster up a "hello" in return.