CHANEL- THE LEGEND vs Bbags, LV, gucci, dior and the other..

I hate to see us have to brutally compare designs again.

I love Chanel, LV, etc. . . Chanel is MY personal fave, but not the 2.55. . . it's so subjective.
They're all good! Each design house appeals to different folks for different reasons and each individual thinks their fave is "THE LEGEND"

Chanel has and still offers beautifully designed bags, so why compare since you do not know if next season or any others, you will appreciate and even want to have one of their bags.

I hate to see us have to brutally compare designs again.

I love Chanel, LV, etc. . . Chanel is MY personal fave, but not the 2.55. . . it's so subjective.
They're all good! Each design house appeals to different folks for different reasons and each individual thinks their fave is "THE LEGEND"

I agree! Different bags suit different styles/lifestyles!

When i was younger LV and Chanel were 'granny' bags, mainly seen on old folks. Now that i'm mature, i find them classic and never-ending. I wouldn't compare the designers, because i find each bag has its moments and time.

Chanel is classic, as well as some pieces from LV, Gucci etc.

I do not own any of the above but I think the #1 bag is the Birkin by Hermes in terms of..."OMG she has THAT bag"

I agree, not really a fan of the birkin (the design, but love the leather and quality and exclusiveness). I think it's the OMG bag, though. However, more about "bag" people and people know their stuff. A lot of people I've talked to are like "Hermes?!" like it's a new brand or something. As much as I LOVE Chanel, I always feel Chanel is like the OMG bag of people who aren't in the know, like they don't think there's a bag that would cost more, while Hermes is the OMG bag of people in the know. This prolly makes no sense. :nuts: If I saw someone with a Birkin vs a Chanel, any model, I think I'd be more impressed despite the fact that I like Chanel designs better. However, I dream of owning a Kelly one day. :graucho:

Chanel has and still offers beautifully designed bags, so why compare since you do not know if next season or any others, you will appreciate and even want to have one of their bags.

I agree. Not everyone is familiar with all the various CHANEL styles. Most people seem to think CHANEL is only about the classic flaps and totes, but CHANEL brings out sooo many new and different styles each season.

I just love designer bags - love the quality, the styles and the beautiful colours. I would really struggle to say if I have a favourite brand since I love so many. I also love to see other people carrying a designer bag, irrelevant of type, since I know immediately that I share something in common with that person. I'm always tempted to start chatting and comment on their lovely bag, but have never yet plucked up the courage. My view is that I have a real understanding of someone spending their hard earned cash on a lovely item and it's great to admire their choice and personal preference.

Gosh...I was just thinking that I don't know how anything can be "too classic". I love classic. Everyone who loves bags should have at least one classic in their closet, whether they think it is a Chanel, LV, Hermes, Balenciaga, or whatever. I'm not fond of trendy bags anyway.

Gosh...I was just thinking that I don't know how anything can be "too classic". I love classic. Everyone who loves bags should have at least one classic in their closet, whether they think it is a Chanel, LV, Hermes, Balenciaga, or whatever. I'm not fond of trendy bags anyway.

it's in my opinion. I have classics LV etc. but dont like chanel. its easy! everybody has got other style.