No price tag. Is this normal?

I think I already know the answer to this question but just want to ask because trying to decide what to do. I ordered a Chanel Rainbow WOC from a boutique and just opened after work and it does not have the tag that has came with every other Chanel bag I have bought, even my other WOC. Does every Chanel bag come with this tag? If so (which i suspect), anyone ever receive one without it and is there any way to get a replacement? I LOVE the bag and with the rainbow it is a crap shoot but how much would the lack of this tag bother anyone else? It has everything else and of course the authenticity card that really matters but I am just wondering others thoughts. Thanks! (tag taken offline for reference)

chaneltag.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: saralioness
If I bought new from the boutique, discovering this tag completely absent would absolutely bother me! I don’t think it would be possible to get a replacement tag but I would definitely call or text your SA to see if it’s still at the boutique. It could have been a simple oversight. I hope you find it! I may be in the minority on this, but anything missing from a full set when I buy new is enough for me to need an exchange or just returning if they can’t find the tag or another bag with one. Having all of those things are the whole point of paying the premium of purchasing new from the boutique. We have to compromise so much already when considering preloved that I can’t compromise buying new. I’m not usually this demanding for other issues but for luxury purchases, you bet I am! Lol

Reactions: timmd
If I bought new from the boutique, discovering this tag completely absent would absolutely bother me! I don’t think it would be possible to get a replacement tag but I would definitely call or text your SA to see if it’s still at the boutique. It could have been a simple oversight. I hope you find it! I may be in the minority on this, but anything missing from a full set when I buy new is enough for me to need an exchange or just returning if they can’t find the tag or another bag with one. Having all of those things are the whole point of paying the premium of purchasing new from the boutique. We have to compromise so much already when considering preloved that I can’t compromise buying new. I’m not usually this demanding for other issues but for luxury purchases, you bet I am! Lol
I agree completely and that is why I posted this because I feel petty for it bothering me. I am going to call her first thing in the morning and if she isn't working I will call the boutique. Returning it is likely not an option as I am really ecstatic about the color pattern and not the easiest bag to find. I looked 3 times through the box and all pockets just knowing I somehow missed it......I am hoping it is somewhere at the boutique but I think that is wishful thinking.

I agree completely and that is why I posted this because I feel petty for it bothering me. I am going to call her first thing in the morning and if she isn't working I will call the boutique. Returning it is likely not an option as I am really ecstatic about the color pattern and not the easiest bag to find. I looked 3 times through the box and all pockets just knowing I somehow missed it......I am hoping it is somewhere at the boutique but I think that is wishful thinking.
I sincerely hope you find it! Allow me to validate your concern over this - you are not being petty! The original tag is needed in case you ever want to pass it on to a new owner and retain as much of its original value as possible plus the extra proof of its authenticity. Totally understandable to want the tag

Same in Dubai. No tags. But since it’s usually the norm to give tags in the US, I would ask for it/mention it.

I’m ok as long as I get everything that specific store “normally” offers. A missing tag won’t bother me if it’s the norm (apparently in many countries) not to have it.

I think the codes are usually printed on receipts so that should be enough by way of provenance/authenticity.

I think that’s also the norm in the US mainly. In Dubai and even my recent purchase from Selfridges, the serial isn’t printed on the receipts..

Thank you everyone for your replies. I was not familiar with other countries not giving tags, I just know all my other bags I got one but yes, all the info is also on the receipt. I was just curious if this happens elsewhere and obviously it does so makes me feel better. I am still going to ask, not sure if that particular boutique doesn't include the tag (I do have the other tag attached to the chain) or if it is still in the store somewhere. I love the bag's color and with the variations in this bag and being hard to find, definitely keeping. And obviously authenticity is no concern and I am a hoarder and never sell bags so likely won't matter :graucho:. Thank you again for all your replies!