Chanel Sunglasses buying tips

1. hi everyone...
    i just got my first pair of Chanel sunnies :yes:
    i got the black 5113 (the one with the white flowers on the temples) from Nordies but had a couple questions as i'm a newbie to chanel:
    1) should the serial number on the glasses match the one on the cardboard box?
    2) should i have received an authenticity card or guarantee card? - i see many auctions on eBay that provides this...is this just an eBay thing or does Nordstrom give this too?

the only thing i got from my purchase was: the sunglasses itself, the hard case, cardboard box, cloth bag, and a chanel shopping bag. did the SA forget to include anything?

thanks in advance :flowers:

2. I just received a new pair of Chanel sunglasses from Nordies and it came with exactly what you described above. I have there pairs of Chanel sunnies and none of them came with a plastic authenticity card that comes with the bags. There is no serial number on the box, only on the glasses.

3. I have several pairs of Chanel sunglasses and they all came with a Chanel care booklet that says Chanel Luxotica Group (the manufacturer) and a white paper chanel hang tag with a black string thru the top that is has the model number filled in and stamped by the authorized Chanel retailer.

All my glasses are older models (pre 2006) so what I received might be different from what is included for new models.

4. I have two pair of Chanel Shades from Sunglass Hut. Like Roey stated they don't come with an authenticity card like the bags, but they do come with a case, box, and care booklet. The one way to tell if there are authentic is if chanel is on the lens.

5. thank you ladies for your replies :flowers:
    i went back to Nordstrom yesterday and i asked about the authenticity card and that care booklet. she gladly them to me :yes: she said the SA's normally take them out of the box :wtf: i was too shocked to ask "WHY!!" but i was just so happy to get them.
    i guess to people buying Chanel sunglasses in the future (esp at Nordies)...make sure to ask the SA about it, and they'll gladly give it to you :yes:

6. I think that happens for most sunglasses (them taking out the card, etc) I bought a pair of Prada's at Saks & she took them out of the box, showed them to me, etc. When I paid, I looked in the bag, & the SA had only given me the hard case for the glasses, no box, no card. I had to ask her to give them to me (She kinda rolled her eyes, I rolled em right back :roflmfao:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice