Chanel store robbed in Paris

And here we go again... Montaigne robbed AGAIN and this time, it was a hold up around noon ie there were customers and employees held hostage while the criminals were breaking the windows and taking everything they could.
Thank god everybody's safe.
But where is the security ?? Im not stepping a foot again there until Chanel update and strengthen their security , we're not safe there anymore

Jesus! I was there last week. That's creepy!

Such horrible news. Hope no one got hurt. What a traumatizing experience it must have been to be patron there during that time!

On a separate note, bracing myself for a price increase.

This is unbelievable!! What horrible news.
I feel with the poor people affected in the store and hope that they will recover soon from this trauma.

Hopefully, security will be increased in the future if this becomes now the "new normal" that criminals steal handbags.

The stolen bags will most likely not be sold online...These criminals are not that stupid as to create a paper trail. These bags will be be sold privately, directly and in cash.

Believe it was the fine jewelry
Yes , it sounds as if it was the fine jewelry store right next door to the accessories store this time. This is nothing new. Several years ago the same thing happened at the Cartier store near the Avenue Montaigne. You have to be buzzed in through a double door system now.

I guess that this is not co-incidental that robbers thought that it would be easy enough to run a car thru and break the entrance in the wee hours. Getting rid of the product may not be problem and this is organized crime. It won't show up online as I think they already have a market for it, perhaps for markets like Russia where buyers know that they are buying stolen goods but who cares if they are paying only a fraction of the cost. Knowing that high end knock offs have been particularly popular this year in China, a lot of so-called 'socialites' in these countries still want the bags but don't have the dough to buy up will be their potential customers. Sad that one more headline like this makes one feel unsafe to travel to Paris.
You really think people in Russia buy stolen things knowing that they are stolen? Interesting generalization lol I think you will find those kind of people in any country. I am originally from Russia btw )

Awful. I was in Paris a few months ago and there was a lot of security at the shops, but my guess is none of them are armed or have any REAL experience. I suppose in a situation like this you just let them do it, because it is safer for everyone.