Chanel stitching problem

Kluxe

Apr 13, 2015
Hi! I just bought a jumbo flap yesterday from the store and noticed the loops around the top flap are a tad loose some you can see through is this normal? I can really notice it

Attachments

• IMG_6816.JPG
    IMG_6816.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,134
  • IMG_6821.JPG
    IMG_6821.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_6822.JPG
    IMG_6822.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,163
You wouldn't believe it my store says that this is not faulty there is nothing wrong with the bag that basically I'm too picky?! They said it's hand made what do you want?! They will not refund me they offered me another bag but at this point I'm really upset and told them I didn't want a replacement I want a refund now! I have contacted management over east with a lengthy email so we will see what they i just can not belive this from Chanel

Reactions: luxeunicorn
I totally understand you. I got my first, brand new Chanel jumbo from the Sloan Square boutique four weeks ago and it has some stitching issues too, in addition the lining of the bag inside is not completely flat and the lock was misaligned by about 0.5-1mm. I called the store immediately and said I would like an exchange, but I told them can only come in two weeks later as I was travelling. They noted down my name and asked me to come in and ask for a manager. I have read on this forum that they can be very difficult when it comes to refund / exchange, so I even brought a ruler with me in case. I came to the store and the first person I spoke to at the door happened to be the manager (I didn't know then, but I was lucky) I showed him that the lock was misaligned by 0.5-1mm with the ruler, showed them the stiching issue as well as the lining issue of the bag, and they brought me another bag for exchange. I inspected this bag carefully and quite happy to bring it home. (Although I was not pleased that they did not give me the black felt for the bag this time, so wasn't completely satisfied with this exchange experience to be honest)

The lesson for me is that; it's almost impossible to get a refund, even if they give you back the money it will be in store credit but not in hard cash. I also think it's important to show multiple issues with the bag and bring ruler or some other means to credibly back up your claims. I love my Jumbo regardless but I do think Chanel can do better in terms of customer services given how much we are paying for the bag. (To put into perspective, I am not an LV fan at alll but I bought a 1.5k luggage from them as they are durable . The tag they hot stamped my name and give me had some stitching issue and when I showed it to them, they are happy to take the tag from another luggage and hot stamped for me - that means this other luggage is unsold-able since it doesn't have a tag now!) I much appreciate that compared to my experience at the Chanel boutique. As I spend $6000 on my jumbo, I think they can do much better.

I totally understand you. I got my first, brand new Chanel jumbo from the Sloan Square boutique four weeks ago and it has some stitching issues too, in addition the lining of the bag inside is not completely flat and the lock was misaligned by about 0.5-1mm. I called the store immediately and said I would like an exchange, but I told them can only come in two weeks later as I was travelling. They noted down my name and asked me to come in and ask for a manager. I have read on this forum that they can be very difficult when it comes to refund / exchange, so I even brought a ruler with me in case. I came to the store and the first person I spoke to at the door happened to be the manager (I didn't know then, but I was lucky) I showed him that the lock was misaligned by 0.5-1mm with the ruler, showed them the stiching issue as well as the lining issue of the bag, and they brought me another bag for exchange. I inspected this bag carefully and quite happy to bring it home. (Although I was not pleased that they did not give me the black felt for the bag this time, so wasn't completely satisfied with this exchange experience to be honest)

The lesson for me is that; it's almost impossible to get a refund, even if they give you back the money it will be in store credit but not in hard cash. I also think it's important to show multiple issues with the bag and bring ruler or some other means to credibly back up your claims. I love my Jumbo regardless but I do think Chanel can do better in terms of customer services given how much we are paying for the bag. (To put into perspective, I am not an LV fan at alll but I bought a 1.5k luggage from them as they are durable . The tag they hot stamped my name and give me had some stitching issue and when I showed it to them, they are happy to take the tag from another luggage and hot stamped for me - that means this other luggage is unsold-able since it doesn't have a tag now!) I much appreciate that compared to my experience at the Chanel boutique. As I spend $6000 on my jumbo, I think they can do much better.
Wow thanks for the reply I'm so sorry that happened to you but happy you sorted it out! They definitely need to work on customer service how can they sell a bag with stitching like that and basically say too bad? There return policy offers a refund on a faulty item but they are telling me it's not faulty so that they can cover them selves I guess I did not feel welcome in the store today at all And left distressed as they where not very friendly or accommodating. I just want a good bag is that too much to ask for? Now I am pushing for the refund if not I'll have to exchange for another one but I really don't want to go in that store ever again not even to look at a new bag that is how put off I am

Wow thanks for the reply I'm so sorry that happened to you but happy you sorted it out! They definitely need to work on customer service how can they sell a bag with stitching like that and basically say too bad? There return policy offers a refund on a faulty item but they are telling me it's not faulty so that they can cover them selves I guess I did not feel welcome in the store today at all And left distressed as they where not very friendly or accommodating. I just want a good bag is that too much to ask for? Now I am pushing for the refund if not I'll have to exchange for another one but I really don't want to go in that store ever again not even to look at a new bag that is how put off I am

I understand, for me I too feel unwelcomed as I am a small Asian girl, they didn't give me a warm, hospitable treatment and rather a cold one - possibly they could have thought I'm a young Chinese tourist who just look to create troubles. When, in fact, they might be losing a customer with a lot higher spending power than they think! When I come for exchange my Jumbo, I unintentionally carry some shopping bags of some small leather goods I got from the LV and Burberry store, so they sort of recognise this fact I guess. I just need to add, even if you get a refund, it will be in store credits and not in cash, and you need to spend in within 12 months, so if nothing in the next three seasons -pre fall, fall and winte and spring - interest you, basically that credits will be useless and vaporise, so you might need to spend on another Jumbo again. If you push for an exchange of this bag, make sure you inspect the bag for like 15 mins plus, bring a knowledgable friend or bring a ruler, as you won't be able to exchange it again. I believe when I spend $6k on a bag I should never settle for something less than bliss, and I'm glad I exchanged for my Jumbo now which I really adore.

I understand, for me I too feel unwelcomed as I am a small Asian girl, they didn't give me a warm, hospitable treatment and rather a cold one - possibly they could have thought I'm a young Chinese tourist who just look to create troubles. When, in fact, they might be losing a customer with a lot higher spending power than they think! When I come for exchange my Jumbo, I unintentionally carry some shopping bags of some small leather goods I got from the LV and Burberry store, so they sort of recognise this fact I guess. I just need to add, even if you get a refund, it will be in store credits and not in cash, and you need to spend in within 12 months, so if nothing in the next three seasons -pre fall, fall and winte and spring - interest you, basically that credits will be useless and vaporise, so you might need to spend on another Jumbo again. If you push for an exchange of this bag, make sure you inspect the bag for like 15 mins plus, bring a knowledgable friend or bring a ruler, as you won't be able to exchange it again. I believe when I spend $6k on a bag I should never settle for something less than bliss, and I'm glad I exchanged for my Jumbo now which I really adore.
Ahhh yes lucky you got the perfect one!! I just really don't want to go in there again and then to inspect another bag in front of them makes me cringe we only have one store here lol so all the sa know me now and I know they will make it uncomfortable each time I come in its sad really that we are the ones spending the money and we are the ones that feel this way?!

Perhaps you can bring along someone with you to inspect another bag. It is sad that after spending so much money on a handbag that you would have to feel bad. I hope they end up getting you a great specimen of a bag.