Chanel Stingray Le Boy in Blue - Help

ImogenFoxyLocks

Chanel ♡
Mar 4, 2011
Hello ladies!

I'm wondering if anyone on here has the Stingray Boy in blue (electric blue)? I haven't seen very much about them on here, & I've searched! I want to see more pictures of it & I wonder how durable Stingray is?

I know someone that is selling one, they are so pretty I don't think I can resist! Should I go for it? I'm a sucker for this kind of blue :love:

stingray_zpsa50a1b84.jpg

Photo credit: asecondchanceresale

I personally think the stingray is stunning. That color is beautiful!!

I got a chance to play with a stingray wallet & boy and the texture, shimmer, hard feel of the stingray.. its like a total bagasm!! I reallllly wanted the metallic gold or silver boy .. BUT .. it only comes in the super mini boy bag size in my 3 local chanels :nono: Why oh why don't they do them more often in a medium?! I know they used to do bigger stingray boys, I remember a lovely orange this summer. That super mini size just does not work for me! I can't even get my phone in there!

I personally think the stingray is stunning. That color is beautiful!!

I got a chance to play with a stingray wallet & boy and the texture, shimmer, hard feel of the stingray.. its like a total bagasm!! I reallllly wanted the metallic gold or silver boy .. BUT .. it only comes in the super mini boy bag size in my 3 local chanels :nono: Why oh why don't they do them more often in a medium?! I know they used to do bigger stingray boys, I remember a lovely orange this summer. That super mini size just does not work for me! I can't even get my phone in there!

Haha love your desicription! Now I totally want it! :graucho:
The one I'm looking at is the Mini, which is the 8" - I think this bag would be used only for special occasions so I think that should be big enough :smile: Although a Medium would be perfect I do agree!
What size is the super mini? Or is that the mini? Don't think I've ever seen one!

xo

Haha love your desicription! Now I totally want it! :graucho:
The one I'm looking at is the Mini, which is the 8" - I think this bag would be used only for special occasions so I think that should be big enough :smile: Although a Medium would be perfect I do agree!
What size is the super mini? Or is that the mini? Don't think I've ever seen one!

xo

I just call it super mini :biggrin: im pretty sure its just the regular mini. Chanel seems to not have an exact standard size when it comes to the small and mini boy bags. Even online on the current website stock when I check the dimensions they are all just a bit different!!

I don't know if the blue is the same size as the metallic stingrays but the ones I am talking about are 6 inches long.. my phone didn't fit in :sad: truly tiny!! If it was just 2-3 inches larger I would have gone for it. But yes for super special occasions all you need is ID, card and lipstick!!

Stingray is such a lovely skin. I couldnt find any info about it online so I went in person to play. It's so surprisingly hard..like gravel but flat! I also think the grain looks better in real life than on photo. I have a feeling it will wear very well although I do wander if rain makes a difference at all.

I just call it super mini :biggrin: im pretty sure its just the regular mini. Chanel seems to not have an exact standard size when it comes to the small and mini boy bags. Even online on the current website stock when I check the dimensions they are all just a bit different!!

I don't know if the blue is the same size as the metallic stingrays but the ones I am talking about are 6 inches long.. my phone didn't fit in :sad: truly tiny!! If it was just 2-3 inches larger I would have gone for it. But yes for super special occasions all you need is ID, card and lipstick!!

Stingray is such a lovely skin. I couldnt find any info about it online so I went in person to play. It's so surprisingly hard..like gravel but flat! I also think the grain looks better in real life than on photo. I have a feeling it will wear very well although I do wander if rain makes a difference at all.

Ah I see! Yes you're right, as far as I know they come in a 6" & 8" 'mini' version, the 6" would be a super mini in perspective!!
I think an 8" is about as small as I'm prepared to go :biggrin: That'll fit a phone, card, ID & lippie I'm sure!

I had some Helmut Lang stingray heeled booties & I remember the texture being really hard, but couldn't imagine it on a bag!
I wonder if it can be protected with spray or not, like normal leathers.

Thank you for your help xo

Is it this blue one from 2012? I have a pic from a SA from then and it was not electric blue, more like a true blue. I have the old medium in black, also from that season and I loooove it. So far it's been very durable and I don't feel the need to baby it at all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 2,132