Chanel Statement Flap - Your opinions

I’m interested to know too! First time I’ve heard of the statement flap bag, but this one in stores now just bowled me over.

I read one comment that the leather is thin, bag creases easily and the quality isn’t worth the price, wondering if more people have the same experience or maybe that’s just a one-off?

I’m fighting the temptation to get this one!! (Not my photo)
IMG_2389.jpg

I’m interested to know too! First time I’ve heard of the statement flap bag, but this one in stores now just bowled me over.

I read one comment that the leather is thin, bag creases easily and the quality isn’t worth the price, wondering if more people have the same experience or maybe that’s just a one-off?

I also read that seasonal bags don’t tend to hold value if you think you might be selling in the future.

View attachment 4086572

Hello :smile:

I like the Chanel Statement Flap on the pictures and thinking about to buy one.
I only have bags in caviar leather - how durable is calfskin?
Is the quality of the statement flap good?
Thank you so much :heart:
Angela
I saw one today in khaki and it was beautiful and the leather was soft and buttery. One thing I did notice though, was that the chains seemed skinnier/thinner than regular classic M/L and mini flap chains. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

View attachment 4086572

I’d love to know this as well! I’m trying self control to not buy this one yet because it isn’t caviar, any thought on anyone that saw it in person and durability?

I bought one last year and love it! It's slightly bigger than mini and can fit more. The leather is really soft and you'll see it wrinkling when you open the flap but goes back to normal after. I'm petite so the length is perfect for me as well. I'd say the red for this season is really gorgeous and I'd have gotten it if I didn't have my blue one! uri_mh1527304092481.jpgmmexport1527920923208.jpg

I bought one last year and love it! It's slightly bigger than mini and can fit more. The leather is really soft and you'll see it wrinkling when you open the flap but goes back to normal after. I'm petite so the length is perfect for me as well. I'd say the red for this season is really gorgeous and I'd have gotten it if I didn't have my blue one! View attachment 4086777View attachment 4086778

Stunning!! Love the blue on you, you wear it so well. Now I’m really tempted! And you haven’t faced any wear & tear issues with the bag compared to a classic flap?

Not really but then I really baby my bags! Hahaha initially I was a little hummed when I saw the creases as I open the bag but it happens to my lambskin mini too. I just make sure to stuff it properly before keeping it away.

Here are some pics for comparison to the rectangle and square mini. You can actually see the creases on the side but I got over it since it was like these when I got it (I got to choose from 3 before I decide on this one). I honestly think that the price is much worth and better compared to mini! IMG_20171125_132739.jpgIMG_20171125_132809.jpg

Not really but then I really baby my bags! Hahaha initially I was a little hummed when I saw the creases as I open the bag but it happens to my lambskin mini too. I just make sure to stuff it properly before keeping it away.

Here are some pics for comparison to the rectangle and square mini. You can actually see the creases on the side but I got over it since it was like these when I got it (I got to choose from 3 before I decide on this one). I honestly think that the price is much worth and better compared to mini! View attachment 4087546View attachment 4087547
Gorgeous bag! You wear the blue well! I think this year it comes in two sizes, and yes the price is amazing! I’m just nervous about the wear and tear hoping I get to see it in person!

Reactions: jourai

Here are some pics for comparison to the rectangle and square mini. You can actually see the creases on the side but I got over it since it was like these when I got it (I got to choose from 3 before I decide on this one). I honestly think that the price is much worth and better compared to mini! View attachment 4087546View attachment 4087547

Do you know if your blue statement is the small or larger size? I’ve just looked on Chanel’s app and there are two sizes [emoji7] I’m totally in Love!

View attachment 4086572
Gorgeous bag, I love it in red.

I bought one last year and love it! It's slightly bigger than mini and can fit more. The leather is really soft and you'll see it wrinkling when you open the flap but goes back to normal after. I'm petite so the length is perfect for me as well. I'd say the red for this season is really gorgeous and I'd have gotten it if I didn't have my blue one! View attachment 4086777View attachment 4086778
This is beautiful on you! Thanks for sharing the pics!