Chanel - Spring/Summer 06

Thanks Moe & Valerie! I just got my GD finally! At this point, I've purchased 3 bags in about the span of a few weeks. I think I'll hold off. Plus I think the style may not work for me since I'm short (5'4")!

i saw the lambskin tote bag today...it retail 1050 euros for the small one and 1450 euros for the large one...the small one is nice/cute...i am not impress with the large one..i think is way too big...the dark-beige colour one as shown at the chanel website does not appear to be the same colour as in real.....the colour is more light or bright in real :weird:,that goes the same with the fabric small round pouch too :Push:

wickedassin said:
Ok, I've got a moratorium on new purses going... BUT I can still look. Anyways, the closest "real" Chanel boutique for me is over an hour away and no one answers at NM's boutique. So I'm hoping someone here can help.

For Spring/Summer 2006, Chanel has what they're describing as a "lambskin totebag with contrasted stitching." It sorta looks like a slouchy bucket bag with a drawstring... Their website is a flash, so I can't attach a photo. If you go to the website, it's the 3rd purse featured in beige under S/S 06...

Has anyone seen this bag in person? I called Chanel and the SA wasn't very helpful. All she could tell me is that it came in a bunch of colors--beige, white, yellow, orange and that there are two sizes--small and large. She couldn't estimate how big the large was. The bag was about $1800... If you've seen this in person, I'd love to get your input. Is it attractive? Does it just look like a boring slouchy hobo with a chain strap? Thanks!

TRY NM IN SHORT HILLS NJ. ASK FOR CHANEL HANDBAGS AND ASK FOR IRENA. I LOVE WORKIGN WITH HER. SHE IS OFF ON WEDNESDAYS. SHE EVEN HAS VOICEMAIL AND BELIEVE ME, SHE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL. ANYTHING YOU NEED, IF SHE DOES NOT HAVE, SHE WILL LOCATE AND MOST OF ALL, SHE WILL GIVE YOU HER HONEST OPINION. SHE KNOWS HER CHANEL:noworry:

I wanted to post the Chanel tote I got for my birthday. This is the larger size, which I didn't care for at first, but it has grown on me ever since. I love it.

Attachments

• IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3540.JPG
    IMG_3540.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 104
Thanks for the great photos. I've been thinking about this bag after seeing it in the web site. How have you found it it terms of durability. Are you afraid of scratching the leather? I'm torn between this or a LV le talentuex in white, ot even the LV MC petit noe, which is a similar style bag. What do you think? Thanks for your advice!

wickedassin said:
YES! Moe apparently has a thread on hers... Hers is black. I'm curious if the bag is attractive in person...

omg i went to the chanel store and saw this bag, in this colour too but the small version, its soooo adorable.. it was love... :love: but then again.. i do like my chanels :shame:

boxyandme said:
Thanks for the great photos. I've been thinking about this bag after seeing it in the web site. How have you found it it terms of durability. Are you afraid of scratching the leather? I'm torn between this or a LV le talentuex in white, ot even the LV MC petit noe, which is a similar style bag. What do you think? Thanks for your advice!

Honestly, I haven't used it yet. I just got it a week ago for my birthday. I had to have it. The leather is lambskin, it is super soft. I am not an LV fan so I can't tell you what to get. I like this bag because it's different, the only down side is the interior lining is white. What were they thinking???:huh:

I definitely agree about the white interior thing. They definitely weren't being very practical, but like one SA said to me, no one can see the inside of the bag. Did you by chance get to compare the small vs large size, or any other colors?

boxyandme said:
I definitely agree about the white interior thing. They definitely weren't being very practical, but like one SA said to me, no one can see the inside of the bag. Did you by chance get to compare the small vs large size, or any other colors?

I hated it when SA say that, I can see the inside of the bag! I don't want my $2000 to look like c**p inside.:lol: No, I didn't get to compare to the smaller size. I have 2 little kides, I need the room to carry mine and their stuff. It also comes in a navy, I'm not a navy bag person. It is in the new SAks catalog if you are interested.

Thanks for the info. I'll try to get a hold of the catalogue. By the way, have you seen any og the new bags coming out this spring for Chanel in their "luxury" line? An SA told me about them today on the phone, but she had no pictures to refer me to.

I have seen some in the Neiman Addition, it's the paper that comes with the The Book. BEAUTIFUL stuff. There is a beautiful pink ostrich bag that is amazing, but I can't afford. There is also an antiqued calf tote in gold (not shiny) that is so cute. There is a Chanel trunk show in Atlanta at the end of this month. My SA is suppose to email me some pictures. I will post them here once I get them for you if you like.