Chanel Special Store Ribbon & Camellias

Feb 21, 2012
Hello Chanel Fans!

Has anyone else noticed different Camellias and Ribbon varied by Chanel store?

I saw this camellia on a youtube reveal and then again on a makeup blog and both of those purchases were from the Chanel in Soho, NYC. (I copied the pics from the blogger)

I've never seen this black and white camellia anywhere else (only the white ones and the sparkly ones for Christmas).

If you notice, the ribbon is also black with white lettering and even says Soho on it. All of my ribbon is white with Chanel in black, no store name.

It almost makes me want to go to NYC to shop in the Soho store!

Do any other stores have special ribbon and Camellias specific to them?

Attachments

• Chanel-Lumieres-Byzantines-de-Chanel-Palette-Highlighters-box-1-480x320.jpg
    Chanel-Lumieres-Byzantines-de-Chanel-Palette-Highlighters-box-1-480x320.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 848
  • Chanel-Shopping-Bag-480x320.jpg
    Chanel-Shopping-Bag-480x320.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 831
  • Chanel-Lumieres-Byzantines-de-Chanel-Palette-Highlighters-box-3-480x320.jpg
    Chanel-Lumieres-Byzantines-de-Chanel-Palette-Highlighters-box-3-480x320.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 831
Here is a comparison of my and my friend's camellias and ribbons:

Mine from Paris (and shinny ribbon!):

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397939903.962899.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397939916.434364.jpg

Versus My friend's camellia from Nice, France (I found this pic online but hers is the same, and her ribbon was not shinny either):

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397939974.609017.jpg

What do you guys think?

I think I just found something else I want to collect!

View attachment 2585713

View attachment 2585714

Versus My friend's camellia from Nice, France (I found this pic online but hers is the same, and her ribbon was not shinny either):

View attachment 2585716

What do you guys think?

I love the 2nd camellia! I've been seeing them more lately but I haven't gotten one yet.

I think I have gotten the special camelia before but I can't remember for what purchase. I'll have to go home and check, I buy a lot from the soho boutique so I wouldn't be surprised if it was from there

Oh cool! Let me know if you go in there anytime soon and see if they still have them! I'm starting a collection :smile:

View attachment 2585713

View attachment 2585714

View attachment 2585716

What do you guys think?

I've gotten both ribbons and camellias before but never notice which store gives out which kind.

The cloth like Camellias and ribbon are sort of "off white" and are part of the "Icon" packaging for classics. Although a store might use the shiny ribbon and other white camellias on classics I suppose if they are out of the other.

As for the "Soho" ribbon, do you know how old these pictures are? Soho had an anniversary a few years ago, perhaps they had special ribbons & camellias?

I was told that the linen camellias and ribbons are given for classics only and the shiny ribbons and camellias are for purchases of other items. This is in Europe.

However, all my purchases from my local boutique came with the linen camellias and ribbons. I have both and prefer the linen ones.

I was told that the linen camellias and ribbons are given for classics only and the shiny ribbons and camellias are for purchases of other items. This is in Europe.

However, all my purchases from my local boutique came with the linen camellias and ribbons. I have both and prefer the linen ones.

Interesting!

Both my friend and I purchased in Europe and both got WOCs but they were at different chanel boutiques in France (one in Paris, one in the French Riviera).

I got the linen camellia for wallet and the shiny ribbons and camellias for all my purchases in Paris classic and other items.