Chanel Sneakers - Worth the Splurge?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I saw these Chanel sneakers a few months ago on my neighbor and they looked so cute and chic. Then I just spotted them at Neiman Marcus a few days ago. I found two pairs I really like but I am not sure for the price it's worth the splurge. I have three pairs of Chanel ballet flats which I adore. They are such good quality and one of them I have had for a few years now.

The sneakers with the higher top and patent toe is $750 (approx) and the other black sneaker with white trim is around $650 (approx). I can't for some reason remember the exact price so if someone knows please chime in. I feel like the sneaker with the patent toe would be more durable to kicks but not sure I want to pay that much for a sneaker to begin with.

I don't wear heels a lot because I am a SAHM. If I do splurge for Chanel shoes, should I just skip the idea of sneakers and get a pair of heels for a bit more? The heels would last forever but I would only get to wear them a few times a year.

Or do I go for a pair of nice Prada sneakers and then save up later to buy some Chanel heels or other flats?

Thanks for any advice!

chanel-sneaks1.jpg chanel-sneaks2.jpg chanel-sneaks3.jpg
  2. I have 4 pairs of Chanel sneakers and I love them. I get compliments almost every time I wear them. They are very comfortable.

3. they look comfy

4. I love the ones with the patent toe.

I've also seen them in b&w, I've always wanted a pair.

5. i like the one with the white trim better.

6. My vintage apres-snow boots with chains have patent across the toe and the patent cracked, so my vote goes to the non-patent sneakers.

7. Good to know - thanks for that!
    I am still on the fence if I will splurge for sneakers. Very hard decision. Obviously I am not trying on the shoes just yet because I'm sure if I do, then I'll be hooked. :P

8. loving the ones with the white trim (NON patent toe) but I would prefer to buy some leather converse lol... I couldn't spend that much on sneakers

9. I Agree

10. I love the quilted ones- go for it!!!

11. other chanel flats, imho, they look like something my granny would where XD sorry! xx

12. Buy more Chanel ballets. I collect them in all colors and they never go out of style.

The sneakers might be cute if you are very young and slim. But if not, they look geriatric and old folky to me. Not to mention they will be dated quickly.

For me, I don't like them at all. Ballets all the way!

13. I love Chanel ballet flats!! They are perfect with jeans or a dress. You can dress them up or down. They are so worth the price!!

The sneakers don"t seem worth the money.....

14. Hmmm I personally would not get Chanel sneakers.

15. I'm not a big fan of sneakers in general and these Chanel ones look a bit outdated. Sorry, I wouldn't spend the money on them.