Chanel small boy or mini Lady Dior?

Chanel small boy or mini lady dior

• Chanel boy

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Lady dior

Votes: 22 47.8%

• Total voters
Jan 19, 2020
Hi all! I’m looking to add a mini/small bag to my collection and can’t decide between the mini lady dior and chanel small boy bag. I love the mini lady dior with chain strap but I see my friend always struggling to get her Iphone 11 max pro in lol. My style is very feminine and if I go with the chanel boy, it’ll be in patent leather and shiny hardware, while the lady dior will be lotus pink in lambskin (not a fan of the patent leather in mini dior) I plan to use this bag while on vacation as well as for dinner and drinks. I already own two medium lady diors, a chanel jumbo and a m/l.

Please help! :smile:

I second (or 3rd) the MLD over the mini! It's small enough to carry out for dinners, but large enough not to be too fussy! I have a small size (not MLD) that I got in Italy (they don't generally sell smalls in the USA) and honestly, it is a great size. I've been through the gamut of boys, too. The interior isn't as big as it should be b/c the fabric inside "floats" and takes up quite a bit of space. The chains can be loud and cumbersome. I got really tired of hearing the chains clanking when I set the bag down on a table, or they would writhe their way into crevices or car seat sides, etc. I LOVE the boy, I don't have any more ATM, but I think LD is more timeless/ better quality/ etc.

Reactions: Cinderelladress
I vote for the Chanel Boy. I have one and it's one of my favorite bags. It's small but fits the essential items I need for a day but I can also wear it for events which is perfect. Feel like it dresses up a casual outfit but also dresses down a more dressy one. And I actually find the bag very easy to wear and comfortable overall. I do think the two styles are quite different though, the Boy is more casual whereas the Lady Dior looks more put together. All depends on what you're looking for :smile:

I am fortunate enough to own both and love both. Both bags are similar in that they are minis, but aesthetically, they are quite different looks. I think your decision will mainly be dictated by your personal tastes. For what it's worth, here is a run down of the pros and cons imo.

Mini Lady Dior in lamskin and pale GHW
PROs: Cute lady-like look, excellent craftsmanship, can be carried top handle or cross body, love the aesthetic of the delicate detachable metal crossbody chain.
CONs: Quite heavy, the D-I-O-R charms scratches fairly easily, more difficult to access even with top flap due to small opening, the leather on corners of the bag prone to rubbing when worn as crossbody, holds less than Small Boy, poorer potential re-sell value compared to Chanel.

Chanel Small Boy in caviar and ruthenium HW
PROs: Well-made, cool and edgy look, easier to access and holds more stuff compared to Mini Lady, more likely to get money back if re-selling, more care-free and less prone to wear (at least for the leather/hardware combo I own anyway)
CONs: A lot more expensive

Good luck! Both bags are gorgeous.