Chanel Shopping in Japan

Along Ginza..just go up the street passing the side of chanel and the apple studio..there's a coffee/bread shop on that street.. then on the second to the 4th floor there is H, chanel, LV..you can haggle the price don't be shy to ask..good luck:ghi5:

Sure, no problem! I understand how hard it is to track down those bags..it took me FOREVER to find my grey reissue in 227 as well! I will definitely be scouting those consignment stores for these gems. Will keep you posted! ;)

Hi! I will be visitng japan in a couple of months. i'll be in osaka and tokyo. and i want to go straight to the consignment shops to buy chanel bags. can you tell me where to go? thank you! :smile:

Hi! I will be visitng japan in a couple of months. i'll be in osaka and tokyo. and i want to go straight to the consignment shops to buy chanel bags. can you tell me where to go? thank you! :smile:

Your best option is to ask at the information desk at the airport or the main train station. They can probably tell you a name of somewhere big and possibly draw it on a map for you.

Even living here it is hard to find places because they use multistory buildings. Often the sign posting is not anywhere near the actual building, but has directions in Japanese (naturally, this is Japan!).

As Expat found, many of the websites don't translate easily.

Hi,

i need to tap on you ladies' expertise.. as i am quite clueless..

could anyone recommend a consignment store in Tokyo which is reliable and most likely to have a black jumbo vintage flap? Also kindly advise me on the measurements.. Thanks!

Hi,

i need to tap on you ladies' expertise.. as i am quite clueless..

could anyone recommend a consignment store in Tokyo which is reliable and most likely to have a black jumbo vintage flap? Also kindly advise me on the measurements.. Thanks!

Sorry, it's out of my territory. You should search in the Chanel database for information on flap bags. There's masses of information about bags and dimensions.

Hello to all Chanel fans, just wondering if anyone knows the selling price in Japan for Chanel Classic Flap, medium size in lambskin, black colour in the original boutique? And how much refund we can get as a tourist? From what I heard, it would be very expensive in Japan. Hope someone can help.
Thanks a lot!

Hello to all Chanel fans, just wondering if anyone knows the selling price in Japan for Chanel Classic Flap, medium size in lambskin, black colour in the original boutique? And how much refund we can get as a tourist? From what I heard, it would be very expensive in Japan. Hope someone can help.
Thanks a lot!

Hi, one of my friends recently visited japan and came back with a caviar classic flap in new beige colour in medium size. The price is sky high compare to my local boutique ( Sydney, Australia). It was around AUD4100!! As u r after the lambskin one so the price is even higher than that.

Hi, one of my friends recently visited japan and came back with a caviar classic flap in new beige colour in medium size. The price is sky high compare to my local boutique ( Sydney, Australia). It was around AUD4100!! As u r after the lambskin one so the price is even higher than that.

The exchange rate between Australia and Japan is just shocking at present. AU$1.00 only gets you ¥77 Arggghhh!

The exchange rate between Australia and Japan is just shocking at present. AU$1.00 only gets you ¥77 Arggghhh!

Sigh... Doesn't sound good. So u ladies think that it's not wise buying the classip flap lambskin in Japan? I don't have much choices seriously, as the next country I'm going will be Japan. Unless I get it in Singapore, is this a "slightly" better option??

Pls help... I'm very dizzy :sad:

Hi girls,

I'm heading to Tokyo from Feb 19 to Feb 27, and staying near Ginza. Any good Chanel stores and SA to recommend? Also, how much more expensive are Chanel bags there? I'm willing to pay more if they have more unique stuff. Do they? :nuts: