Chanel Shopping in Japan

Im going to be in Japan between 10-18 March and really hope I can find a black square mini in a boutique. I know they are extremely hard to get hold of and Chanel is releasing some in March - does anyone know the launch date for the spring/summer act 2 over there? Like its been released in Paris but UK arent launching til 16-20march and doubt i’l be able to get one in london. Also any suggestions which boutiques to try first in tokyo?

Many thanks guysss!

Also - if tax will be 8% less on the price you pay , will they scan your passport? Will i need to pay tax on arrival back to uk as its over limit to bring back? Not sure how it workss.

They staple or tape the receipt in your passport at the time of purchase— that allows them to give you the discounted price up front. When you leave the country, they check the receipt at the airport, and I’ve been told to keep the new items with you (don’t check them in with your luggage). And then when you’re through security I just remove the receipts from my passport before I get on my flight.

Reactions: frivofrugalista
Im going to be in Japan between 10-18 March and really hope I can find a black square mini in a boutique. I know they are extremely hard to get hold of and Chanel is releasing some in March - does anyone know the launch date for the spring/summer act 2 over there? Like its been released in Paris but UK arent launching til 16-20march and doubt i’l be able to get one in london. Also any suggestions which boutiques to try first in tokyo?

Many thanks guysss!

There’s usually a 1-2 week lag between the US and Japan for seasons. I am signed up for the Japanese mail alerts. Maybe you can do the same via the site?

Reactions: bagfiend910
There’s usually a 1-2 week lag between the US and Japan for seasons. I am signed up for the Japanese mail alerts. Maybe you can do the same via the site?

I managed to google translate and emailed them to enquire the launch - they said its set to launch end of march in jaoan but not the ultimate decision has not confirmed yet. :sad: would it still be worthwhile to check in stores while im there then just incase? Il be leaving 18th.

I managed to google translate and emailed them to enquire the launch - they said its set to launch end of march in jaoan but not the ultimate decision has not confirmed yet. :sad: would it still be worthwhile to check in stores while im there then just incase? Il be leaving 18th.

I think Chrome browser will translate the whole website for you.

They staple or tape the receipt in your passport at the time of purchase— that allows them to give you the discounted price up front. When you leave the country, they check the receipt at the airport, and I’ve been told to keep the new items with you (don’t check them in with your luggage). And then when you’re through security I just remove the receipts from my passport before I get on my flight.

Hi i just bought a mini tax free. Can i start wearing the bag to the airport and remove the box and post it home? They dont need to check against the box as long as i have the bag itself on me and receipt is that ok?

Reactions: Tina_Bina
Hi i just bought a mini tax free. Can i start wearing the bag to the airport and remove the box and post it home? They dont need to check against the box as long as i have the bag itself on me and receipt is that ok?

Hi!! Can you please tell me which store you bought the mini from? Was it mini square or rectangular? And was there a lot of stock? TIA!! :smile:

Hi!! Can you please tell me which store you bought the mini from? Was it mini square or rectangular? And was there a lot of stock? TIA!! :smile:

Ginza! There were 8 rectangles in black aged GHW. They had red squares and said they not stocking black squares. But two days ago another lady said they were expecting black squares on 20th but im not sure what’s true. I thought i’d just settle with the rectangle as i have to leave 19th. You in tokyo atm?

Reactions: Mrs.Churros