Chanel Shopping in Japan

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-new-shiny-wrinkled-fabric-flap-chanel-345459.html I think this is the link you wanted :smile:

I also believe it's best NOT to convert the cost of bags here to $ or £.
It isn't pleasant :nogood:.

So, Chanel shopping in Tokyo - Omotesando is a great store for service and classics, but not too much stock really. Depends what you are looking for. It's my "local" store so I'm in there regularly.

Also, most department stores have a Chanel concession in them but are quite small.

I've heard that Ginza is THE best one to visit, but haven't made it there yet... Apparently there are several floors of Chanel heaven :drool: :drool:

Expat is right ..there are so many Chanel boutiques here and you can also find them at big shopping malls. Ive been to Ginza and yes ! there are several floors..it is all divided from purses to clothings and accessories ( the last time i went )..i think its easy to find it even if you are a tourist.
Omotesando is the newest Chanel store,if im not mistaken.. and you can also visit Seibu Dept. store at Ikebukuro..its just a few walks from Ikebukuro station.
Japanese are well known for great service and id like to add that "sometimes" they are friendlier to foreigners as well. Goodluck and pls. post pictures of your purchase.:smile:

Expat is right ..there are so many Chanel boutiques here and you can also find them at big shopping malls. Ive been to Ginza and yes ! there are several floors..it is all divided from purses to clothings and accessories ( the last time i went )..i think its easy to find it even if you are a tourist.
Omotesando is the newest Chanel store,if im not mistaken.. and you can also visit Seibu Dept. store at Ikebukuro..its just a few walks from Ikebukuro station.
Japanese are well known for great service and id like to add that "sometimes" they are friendlier to foreigners as well. Goodluck and pls. post pictures of your purchase.:smile:

Thanks! I can't wait!!! :yahoo: counting down the days already!

There are also Chanel concessions at pretty much ALL the department stores so you should be able to find something somewhere.

I've just found out I have to go to Ginza in the next couple of weeks for some other business - how will I resist the Chanel store??? Intervention required!

There are also Chanel concessions at pretty much ALL the department stores so you should be able to find something somewhere.

I've just found out I have to go to Ginza in the next couple of weeks for some other business - how will I resist the Chanel store??? Intervention required!

Sorry, i'll be no help! I say just give in to the lure of Chanel! Be sure to post pics if you get something!

Finally! I got to the Chanel in Ginza today :nuts: Spent about an hour there but don't get excited - I didn't buy anything :P

But OMG! What a fabulous place!!! Three floors were open, but I believe there was a fourth floor too: but as my friend and I got to the 3rd floor, a group of people were being fed coffee and chocolates by several SAs, then they disappeared and the 4th floor was cordoned off.

Loads of stunning RTW and shoes (nothing in my size tho' :crybaby:) and some of THE most delicious bags I've never seen before!

Some exotics, which I've not seen here until today, many patents including the cutest small flap with diagonal quilting. :heart:
Rich, dark green totes with chocolate bar quilting.
A gorgeous black caviar Kelly :heart:
And a lot of what I believe to be one-offs or very, very special items - multi-pearl chains, tiny gold bags, a miniature Kelly with a snake chain. I can't remember any more I was too overwhelmed!

Oh, and you know the new chain on this bag? tote.jpg
Well, there was an incredible variation on this: imagine the chain, multiplied by at least four times, linked and then attached to a large tote made of leather and black Tibet Shearling :faint: It weighed a TON! Piece of art though.

Well worth a trip.

I am flying up to Tokyo tomorrow night. Ginza here I come! Actually, I am going to visit the one at Odakyu (sp?) because that one has odd and old stocks! I am hoping to re-create the wall of chain belts with my collection one day after seeing the one in Ginza some years back! :drool:

Oh yes, service is excellent in Japan. I asked to see some red bags the last time I was in one of the concession counters. This lovely SA brought to me ALL the red bags the shop had...If that's not first class service, I don't know what is!

I hope they still have the beige pink glazed lambskin...

I am flying up to Tokyo tomorrow night. Ginza here I come! Actually, I am going to visit the one at Odakyu (sp?) because that one has odd and old stocks! I am hoping to re-create the wall of chain belts with my collection one day after seeing the one in Ginza some years back! :drool:

How freaky! :yahoo: I was in Odakyu today and had a good old nosy around. Twice :P !!

Treated myself to a sweet pair of earrings (I'll do photos another day) but you're right, each branch has a whole heap of different things. Lots of gorgeous shoes / boots in Odaku.

I'm off to Takashimaya tomorrow as well, so if you want me to find out if they have anything in particular, let me know.

I'll check in tomorrow morning before I go out.

Sorry, Expat. I flied in at Haneda yesterday morning at 7am and went straight to the office....How's your trip to Takashimaya? See anything interesting? I am forever looking out for costume jewellery that is only made for the Japanese market!! :drool:

Sorry, Expat. I flied in at Haneda yesterday morning at 7am and went straight to the office....How's your trip to Takashimaya? See anything interesting? I am forever looking out for costume jewellery that is only made for the Japanese market!! :drool:

Hiya! Ooh that's early :Push: Mind you, I was at Shinjuku-eki at 6.30am yesterday to see my friend off and DD woke up screaming at 5.30 today due to a cockroach :rolleyes: I don't DO mornings!

Nah, nothing fab at Takashimaya. Well, apart from some earrings that are everwhere... and now here ;)

Did you get to Odakyu?

I wish the pricing of Chanels in Japan wasn't as high compared to the US. I went to the Takashimaya boutique when I was there this past spring and saw all these bags that were sold out here in the states but I knew that it would be a lot more. Otherwise, I would have bought like no other!

I can't wait to go to Japan again. I miss the wonderful food and desserts that they having during fall...