Chanel Shopping in Japan

For tax refund buying from CC store in a departmental store, I know is through the departmental store's customer service. Anyone knows if I'm buying from the CC store in Ginza, does the store refund or charge me the price without tax? Or where do I get tax refund from? Thanks ladies..

For tax refund buying from CC store in a departmental store, I know is through the departmental store's customer service. Anyone knows if I'm buying from the CC store in Ginza, does the store refund or charge me the price without tax? Or where do I get tax refund from? Thanks ladies..

You pay the tax free price indicated on the price tag. Just present your passport to the SA.

Reactions: Mrs D.L.
Depends on the exchange rate, in 2014, Tokyo prices were even better than Paris itself, when compared to the SGD.

Now it's more expensive. With the recent price increase in Singapore, if Tokyo prices didn't increases, then the bags will probably be on par. Last year a mini cost around S$4300, and cost $3900 in Singapore. After Singapore's price increment on 1st Sept, minis are on par now.
Hi carebearz - do u happen to know the price diff btwn Sgd & yen for coco handle mini & small size? Cant get in sgp so thot of getting 1 when i travel to Tokyo in Dec :smile:

Oh. Its ok. Thanks for replying...

If it helps, the last time I asked earlier this year, the mini was about $400 more expensive. Yen was at 80 to SGD1.

Previously when yen was at 90 to SGD1, Chanel was cheaper in Tokyo than in Paris by about $300-400 for a mini.

Now yen is back to the 80 region, so you can roughly estimate should be more expensive by a few hundreds.

For me, if it’s a hard to get item, I will pay the difference because when you’re placed on the wait list, by the time you get the bag, Chanel would probably have increased the price! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Reactions: tomato_flyer
Hi All - does anyone know a resource, or how to find, pricing for boy bags in Japan? Going to Osaka in a few weeks and wonder if I should pick up a boy there. Also going to HK and currently wait listed for a so black boy in NYC. I'm getting a so black for sure and a WOC or Boy of another color too so I'm shopping around to prepare :smile:

If it helps, the last time I asked earlier this year, the mini was about $400 more expensive. Yen was at 80 to SGD1.
Previously when yen was at 90 to SGD1, Chanel was cheaper in Tokyo than in Paris by about $300-400 for a mini.

Now yen is back to the 80 region, so you can roughly estimate should be more expensive by a few hundreds.

For me, if it’s a hard to get item, I will pay the difference because when you’re placed on the wait list, by the time you get the bag, Chanel would probably have increased the price! [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
I cant hold of a coco handle in mini or small + i dont hv any close SA in sgp. Thot of getting 1 fr overseas soon so that i can convert my purchase into installment free plan :P

Depends on the exchange rate, in 2014, Tokyo prices were even better than Paris itself, when compared to the SGD.

Now it's more expensive. With the recent price increase in Singapore, if Tokyo prices didn't increases, then the bags will probably be on par. Last year a mini cost around S$4300, and cost $3900 in Singapore. After Singapore's price increment on 1st Sept, minis are on par now.

Hello @carebearz would you know comparative prices of HK and Japan for Chanel bags (any bag)? Reading through this thread, it seems buying from the duty free Chanel in Osaka is a good bet. Any other tips where to find Chanel in Osaka at the best price for Japan and no tax? Thank you in advance.