Chanel Shopping in Japan

Gasp! I will definitely check out the Chanel Store at HKG! Do you know if there's one at Narita? Thanks for the tip!! ;)

Hi totoro! I just came back from Tokyo last week and didn't see any Chanel store at Narita. You may want to check online just to be sure. Is there any particular range/line you are looking for? I went to 3 Chanels there: the mega-store at Ginza (surprisingly disappointing range for bags even though it's huge), the one inside Isetan Shunjuku (where I got my medium dark silver HG luxe bowler, they still have this colour and the bronzey brown one, also saw sz 225/226 black reissue w gold hw, white classic flaps, sharpei line etc) and at Omotesando (also saw black reissue there). Sorry I don't exactly remember exactly what else I saw, but I was mainly searching for my luxe bowler and red jumbo flap (which they didn't seem to have)... Have fun! I loved Japan!!!

Thanks shiny_hair! I'm not really looking for anything specific, just wanted something different than what's here in the USA. Did you see anything that is only exclusive to Chanel in Japan?

Just as said by most tPFers, prices in Tokyo is a lot more expensive. But, they do have newer or unusual items. The Omotesando, near Harajuku, store is the best out of the other three boutiques I went, IMO. The other 2 are from Shinjuku/Ginza. I'm not sure about any exclusive as I don't know Japanese.

In HK, you probably pay around the same price as US$. I found the one in Lees Garden has the best SA & the one in TST - Ocean Terminal (Canton Rd) has the best collection. The Central & Admiralty (Pacific Place) boutiques aren't bad at all. I would suggest you to call the 852 # to check about what's in store at the HK Airport first once you arrive HK. Becuase you won't be able to visit the store until you actually leave HK. BTW, there's no Chanel boutique in Narita airport, except beauty product.

Thanks shiny_hair! I'm not really looking for anything specific, just wanted something different than what's here in the USA. Did you see anything that is only exclusive to Chanel in Japan?

Hmm, I didn't really notice anything that was exclusive, although I did see a medium luxury bowler in a VERY shiny bright brownish patent which I wasn't aware was available anywhere else.. Hehe sorry, I was pretty focused on what I was looking for, so didn't really ask. They have a LARGE range and selection of nice wallets though!

just got back from HKG and they still have lots of metallic perforated flaps, is that how you call them ? in several colors and lots of cambons and paris biaritz... love the new sunnies...

Price is at least 30% higher than US.

BUT Japan is a very unique market to Chanel and the boutiques will have stuff that are only available to Japan!

Hi all!

I will be going for holidays to Japan next month and contemplating visiting some Chanel stores. I was wondering if anyone has been recently and can shed some light on the range there, prices ( i gather they are more exp?), and service.

Would really love to get my hands on a matte black reissue if possible!

excellent service hands down!

They have heaps of Chanel and other designer stores (along with consignment/second hand stores) so their stock levels are really high (unless it's really popular) but they can check the pieces you want and tell you which other stores have them

They are really expensive (even more than Australia) but being a tourist, you will get 5% tax back. Just remember to take your passport whenever you do some designer shoppping!

excellent service hands down!

They have heaps of Chanel and other designer stores (along with consignment/second hand stores) so their stock levels are really high (unless it's really popular) but they can check the pieces you want and tell you which other stores have them

They are really expensive (even more than Australia) but being a tourist, you will get 5% tax back. Just remember to take your passport whenever you do some designer shoppping!

:shrugs: do you know roughly how much more it is in terms of percentage?

Hi,

To make myself feel a little better, I tried not to compare the price in terms of percentage. But if there's sth you really want to get but are too popular are quicky gone in your home town, Tokyo is a wonderful place in terms of stock level. Sorry I don't know what is it like to shop at Chanel boutiques in Australia but as in Hong Kong, the popular stuff were all kept by the so-called VIPs and it's almost impossible to get them being a walk-in customer. And when I was in Tokyo last month, I was sooo happy to get an Accordian in wrinkle frabic (the same one being posted by another tPFer). Have fun and good luck!!