Chanel shoes bought on eBay are in bad condition

Qteepiec

Nov 2, 2011
Hello tpf. I bought a pair of Chanel shoes on eBay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Chanel-shoes-/182490831012?txnId=1632519109008

It was listed in pre-worn condition. The seller wrote in the description that it was worn three times in great condition.

However when I received the shoes, it was in very poor condition. The heels and front need to be re-soled. Part of the leather on toe and heels are heavily scuffed that I'm not sure if it can be repaired.

What are my options? I already sent the seller a message the day the shoes arrived. It's been two days and I haven't received a response.

IMG_1490197063.981067.jpgIMG_1490197080.491599.jpg IMG_1490197094.950523.jpgIMG_1490197129.152739.jpg

Assuming the shoes are authentic (and even if not), IMO they're SNAD.

While I agree with others who believe buyers need to take responsibility and ask questions about what they're buying, sellers need to be open and honest in what they're selling.

Shoes that were "only worn about three times, in great condition" don't look like veronn21veronika's shoes unless one of those three times was to run the Boston Marathon!

TBH, I believe you should have probably requested more pictures because the pictures in the listing are dark, blurry and incomplete, showing none of the important parts of the shoes that both prove authenticity AND show condition.

But still, the type of wear on those shoes should have been disclosed.

I'd contact the seller, tell her that they're SNAD but you want to give her the opportunity to do the right thing before opening a dispute. The right thing would be to issue a prepaid shipping label for the return followed by a full refund.

Reactions: Qteepiec
Those shoes are a mess. There is no way that fits the description of "only worn about three times, in great condition." You should have no trouble winning an eBay dispute should the seller not offer to take the return (in a timely fashion).

Yikes. Talk about pushing the bounds of credibility. I suppose the fading of the lettering on the insole could have been a clue that these shoes had been worn a lot more than three times but buyers should not have to guess what a seller is hiding. Should be a slam/dunk for you.

How much time should I give the seller to respond? What course of action should I ask for? Refund?

I'd give the seller 24 -48 hours to respond which is a reasonable amount of time IMO
(its before the weekend so no excuse about not being on the computer)
I'd ask for a full refund & return label (prepaid) for shipping.
This seller has 2 negative feedback comments one being:
"The phone case had more signs of wear than expected based on sellers description."
So it appears your seller has misdescribed items before
If you don't hear back in that time frame, then I would file a SNAD without hesitation

Last edited:
If the seller doesn't respond in the next few days, open a return request. Choose the reason that is closest to "not as described." Write a detailed description of the damage and include the pictures you posted. You'll need as much information to prove your case in the return request in case the seller decides to fight it.

Ladies I've never returned an item on eBay or sold anything on eBay. The seller responded that she will give me my refund once she receives the item. Is the seller obligated to give me a return label? Is there a button or something she can do to generate a return label? Do I get my money back after I mail it back to her? How does this work?

Ladies I've never returned an item on eBay or sold anything on eBay. The seller responded that she will give me my refund once she receives the item. Is the seller obligated to give me a return label? Is there a button or something she can do to generate a return label? Do I get my money back after I mail it back to her? How does this work?
Since you haven't opened a return request, she isn't obligated to do anything. Without a return request open, she can create a return label and email it to you or she can send you the money for a label through paypal. If she doesn't specifically tell you she will pay for you to ship it back, don't expect her to. If you want her to pay for shipping, you should ask for that before you ship. She has said she will refund once she receives the item back. This is where trust is involved. You'll have to trust her to give you a complete refund, including the original shipping. When you ship, make sure you have tracking and that you have that tracking number saved. Then, if she doesn't give you a refund, you can open a return through ebay and explain that the seller owes you a refund since you returned the item at her request, and post the tracking number as proof. If she only refunds the original payment, not including shipping, it is unlikely you will have any recourse to get the rest refunded, as ebay doesn't allow you to open a claim for shipping charges. However, you'll be able to give her negative feedback. Most sellers value their feedback, and if they agree to take the return, they won't try to cheat you. As a seller, I appreciate customers who contact me first before opening a return request, as it helps preserve my ebay reputation taking the return outside of the ebay process. Your seller probably feels the same way, and will do whatever is necessary to make you happy.

Please start a return through eBay, like BB said. Go to the purchased item in your dashboard, chose return and for the reason put not as described. By doing this eBay can compel the seller to pay for the shipping label. Also, when the seller receives the item back eBay can refund you based on the tracking in case the seller does not. Let eBay handle the return.

You have to ask her for a full refund ( including original shipping + return shipping) She can generate a return label & since she already
said she will take the shoes back,be clear as to what you want.
If she refuses, then open your dispute, but give her a chance to respond once she knows what you are expecting
She is communicating with you so that is positive & give her a chance to respond to this request.
This seller is a newbie & appears not to have so much experience or she may not think she should pay for the return
shipping or any shipping costs.

Last edited:
Sheesh, those shoes are in bad shape. They look like they have a couple of seasons wear on them, not a couple of wearings. Hope things work out ok for you with the return, you certainly deserve your money back.