Chanel sequin bag or VCA magic long necklace

Sit

Jul 22, 2016
Hello all,
I am having a hard time deciding between VCA long magic Alhambra necklace in Malachite or the Chanel bag i saw yesterday. It was a black and solver sequin bag. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. However I have been saving for necklace and was determined that 2020 will be the year that I will invest more in fine jewelry as I have all the classic Chanel bags that I have ever wanted, including the popular pearl bag from last year. But I have also always wanted the Sequin bag to complete my collection, I also understand that it is very delicate bag and can easily get damaged given the sequins are hanging on one thin thread.
This year I have purchased the malachite earrings in the magic size and was saving for the necklace.
The bag is very well priced ($6,800 AUD) considering the recent price increase. I can only afford one. What would you choose please?
Thank you in advance

It’s a tough decision, since you’ve been saving for the necklace for a while and you already have many other Chanel flaps.

Considering you already have matching earrings, I think you should stick to your plan and get the necklace as a set.

Although personally I would choose the sequin flap every time.

It’s a tough decision, since you’ve been saving for the necklace for a while and you already have many other Chanel flaps.

Considering you already have matching earrings, I think you should stick to your plan and get the necklace as a set.

Although personally I would choose the sequin flap every time.
Thank you for your input :smile: it’s so hard to decide :smile:) if I buy both I will need another lockdown till the end of this year lol

Hello all,
I am having a hard time deciding between VCA long magic Alhambra necklace in Malachite or the Chanel bag i saw yesterday. It was a black and solver sequin bag. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it. However I have been saving for necklace and was determined that 2020 will be the year that I will invest more in fine jewelry as I have all the classic Chanel bags that I have ever wanted, including the popular pearl bag from last year. But I have also always wanted the Sequin bag to complete my collection, I also understand that it is very delicate bag and can easily get damaged given the sequins are hanging on one thin thread.
This year I have purchased the malachite earrings in the magic size and was saving for the necklace.
The bag is very well priced ($6,800 AUD) considering the recent price increase. I can only afford one. What would you choose please?
Thank you in advance
This is a no-brainer. VCA all the way. If you already have all the Chanel classic bags then I would invest in the VCA necklace. The sequin bag sounds like a fleeting infatuation that you can't even really wear every day. The Magic Pendant however can be styled with just about anything.
(FYI: I love both Chanel & VCA so this is an unbiased opinion).

I would get the VCA. I love Chanel bags but after a while you have enough bags for all purposes, any other additions after that would just be for collecting purposes. I'm also just starting my fine jewelry collection - I got the Cartier love bracelet a few years ago and I'm going to pick up a VCA Vintage Alhambra necklace soon.

I would get the VCA. I love Chanel bags but after a while you have enough bags for all purposes, any other additions after that would just be for collecting purposes. I'm also just starting my fine jewelry collection - I got the Cartier love bracelet a few years ago and I'm going to pick up a VCA Vintage Alhambra necklace soon.
I agree with you, VCA is so beautiful :heart:

I'm also just starting my fine jewelry collection - I got the Cartier love bracelet a few years ago and I'm going to pick up a VCA Vintage Alhambra necklace soon.

I must warn you though that one VCA piece quickly ends up into 2, 4, etc. lol. I just purchased my 6th vintage alhambra necklace this month and I'm already thinking about my next piece! :lol:

I must warn you though that one VCA piece quickly ends up into 2, 4, etc. lol. I just purchased my 6th vintage alhambra necklace this month and I'm already thinking about my next piece! :lol:
Haha! That's amazing, congrats!

You are probably right but I have other things I need to spend money on right now (namely a kitchen reno) so I think I will try to be restrained :smile:

Reactions: Sit
Agree VCA can be addictive like any luxury I guess. I went to the store to have another look at the bag and one of the sequins fell off in front of me so delicate and I am so OCD :smile:) I didn’t think we could be a good campanions and left the store without it. Thank you all for your input it helped me a lot.
I will be saving for my necklace and will reveal it here once I get it :smile: