chanel scarf...opinions please!

shells

will work for bags!
O.G.
Nov 20, 2007
so i've never been a scarf girl....and i happened to come across this scarf at century 21. the picture does not do it justice, it's a sheer silk 90cm x 90cm (about 35 in. x 35 in.) scarf with the prettiest beige, brown, and cream tones. it's absolutely gorgeous (it really doesn't look it in the picture) but i don't know what to do with it. what do u wear ur scarves with? it doesn't seem to look right on my bag, is there a good way to tie it? it was fairly cheap at $80, i'd love to find a good use for it...i actually bought the same scarf for my mother-in-law in a black, white, and red print. is this a good price? i know nothing about chanel scarves, help please!

Attachments

• IMG_2710.jpg
    IMG_2710.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 179
I'm not a scarf person either but still own more than enough Chanel scarves. If I do use one, I tie it with a scarf clip or whatever it's called. I don't know how to tie anything. You can always purchase a Hermes tie book, which gives great examples on how to tie any scarves, not just Hermes. As for price, $80 is a great price, if it's brand new. I believe the retail price for a Chanel scarf is around $200-$300, but don't quote me on it.

Go to the Hermes sub-forum. There are many threads on how to wear your scarf. One of my favorites is a stickie called "What scarf are you wearing today?" Very scarf "inspirational".

I love scarves. I just wear mine simply just draped around my neck (not tied) with jeans. You can also tie them to bags or wear them as a headband. The price is good and it sounds like you love the design so go for it!

Im a total scarf fanatic. There are so many things you can do with them. Having a bad hair day-wrap a scarf around your head.
Just feel like being comfy in a white tee and jeans, then go right ahead and spice it up with a scarf around your neck.
You can wrap them around your bag handles or even if its small enough wrap it around your wrist as a bracelet.

I'm not a scarf person either but still own more than enough Chanel scarves.
So funny! Me too! I don't like the way scarves look on me, but I do have a lot of them. (Chanel scarves that is.)

I like wool/cashmere scarves because they are functional... but the silk ones are hard for me to pull off... :shrugs: