Chanel satin or lambskin?

Jun 8, 2006
I need your help! Over time, what will last longer/wear better, a satin evening bag or a lambskin one? A satin bag will snag easily but the lambskin one will scratch easily too. A SA told me that over time, the lambskin one will fade and be "gummy". I am trying to make a decision on what bag to buy and need your opinions! :confused1: Thanks!

I think the satin is dressier. I have a satin one and it's held up fine, but I guess you have to consider how often you get that dressed up. I only use mine 4-5 times a year, usually for black tie events and weddings.
I've had my lambskin for years and it doesn't feel "gummy" (?) at all, I have no idea what she's talking about. I use that one alot more, for dinners out and such. I think you have to remember that you tend to be a bit more cautious when you're carrying a Chanel anyways.
To sum up, I would decide more on what type of outings you want it for then how they will hold up, as mine are both in great shape.

Thanks for your opinions! I want to use it often when I go out in the evenings (like for date night) but this will also be the bag I use for formal occasions with a gown. Why can't I just get both bags?! ;) (Although my DH might have something to say about that!)

BTW, what does Chanel do when they refurbish it?

chanellover, i was also have the same dilemma when going to purchase a flat clutch fro balenciaga.
between the black satin or the leather.
my logical mind said the leather, because the price is the same and i compare the price of teh leather with the satin.

but... i did bought the satin, because i have enough of leather bags adn clutches. and i never regretted it.
the satin is so classy and made me feel sexy ;)

i think u should consider which u're going to wear the most and look at ur closet, which one u need.