Chanel:Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
We are talking alot about Chanel, are you interested in buying from them- do you want a bag you just dont know which one, or are you trying to figure out what you can get from them for what price?
 

ShopRodeo

Member
Dec 29, 2005
271
1
madeline said:
We are talking alot about Chanel, are you interested in buying from them- do you want a bag you just dont know which one, or are you trying to figure out what you can get from them for what price?
Trying to get a sense of what costs what and such.
 

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
ShopRodeo said:
Trying to get a sense of what costs what and such.
These are just prices in my head.. not exact, but in my experience with Chanel this is what I have paid.

Jewelry starts at a little over $200.
Shoes start around $400 and go up.
Wallets average $500.
Handbags- expect to pay atleast $1000. For the classic bags close to $2000.
J12 Watches start at $3000 without diamonds, $10000 with.
 

ShopRodeo

Member
Dec 29, 2005
271
1
madeline said:
These are just prices in my head.. not exact, but in my experience with Chanel this is what I have paid.

Jewelry starts at a little over $200.
Shoes start around $400 and go up.
Wallets average $500.
Handbags- expect to pay atleast $1000. For the classic bags close to $2000.
J12 Watches start at $3000 without diamonds, $10000 with.
Clothing? And how about end of season sales?
 

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
ShopRodeo said:
Clothing? And how about end of season sales?

I only have a few pieces of clothing from Chanel and let me say they cost a pretty penny. I am embarrased to even say the price of my tweed jackets- but they are worth it and I love them all. I do not know about the sales, I hate to shop them.
 

ShopRodeo

Member
Dec 29, 2005
271
1
madeline said:
I only have a few pieces of clothing from Chanel and let me say they cost a pretty penny. I am embarrased to even say the price of my tweed jackets- but they are worth it and I love them all. I do not know about the sales, I hate to shop them.
why do you hate to shop the sales?
 

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
ShopRodeo said:
why do you hate to shop the sales?

If I had wanted the thing on sale I would have bought it when I first saw it, and by the time it is on sale it is out and time for something new. I like to always be the first to get stuff too. I just dont like all the clothes shoved together on racks either.
 

ShopRodeo

Member
Dec 29, 2005
271
1
madeline said:
If I had wanted the thing on sale I would have bought it when I first saw it, and by the time it is on sale it is out and time for something new. I like to always be the first to get stuff too. I just dont like all the clothes shoved together on racks either.
Oh i see. so what else do you like besides Chanel?
 

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
ShopRodeo said:
Oh i see. so what else do you like besides Chanel?

I collect hard to get LV's. I just bought my first Chloe paddington the other week, but I had the silverado in tan. I have worn Chloe clothing for sometime now, the Collection and See by Chloe line. I have a few Balenciagas, Dior, Goyard,etc.. too many to name. For clothing I have a great collection of designer pieces I wear with true religion jeans and manolo's. I love Missoni sweaters and dresses.I am a slave to everything fashion. I like so many designers! what about you? what bags do you carry now? clothing style?

And when I visit LA my favorite places to shop are Kitson, Lisa Kline and I love love Madison!!
 

ShopRodeo

Member
Dec 29, 2005
271
1
madeline said:
I collect hard to get LV's. I just bought my first Chloe paddington the other week, but I had the silverado in tan. I have worn Chloe clothing for sometime now, the Collection and See by Chloe line. I have a few Balenciagas, Dior, Goyard,etc.. too many to name. For clothing I have a great collection of designer pieces I wear with true religion jeans and manolo's. I love Missoni sweaters and dresses.I am a slave to everything fashion. I like so many designers! what about you? what bags do you carry now? clothing style?
I like and know a lot of designers however I don't have many of their clothes. I like Juicy Couture, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Armani, Lacoste, etc. These are less expensive than Dior and Chanel but still great designers. As for bags, nothing worth too much...like $300 is the most expensive...but I'm starting to get interested in Chanel. I bought my mom the Dior enamled flower necklace as seen on eluxury:
http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10924530&SectionID=6000
My mom thinks i wasted my money because she thinks the enamel is cheap. What do you think?
 

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
I like Juicy too, I have like every color of the jumpsuits, they are great for casual lounging days.

Dior is costume jewelry as is Chanel, unless it is the fine jewelry collection of course. Besides the high end stuff with diamonds etc Chanel's jewelry is plastic. I love it, it is fun and still pretty and nice. It may just not be your moms style.

Just wondering how old are you? I am 22.
 

ShopRodeo

Member
Dec 29, 2005
271
1
madeline said:
I like Juicy too, I have like every color of the jumpsuits, they are great for casual lounging days.

Dior is costume jewelry as is Chanel, unless it is the fine jewelry collection of course. Besides the high end stuff with diamonds etc Chanel's jewelry is plastic. I love it, it is fun and still pretty and nice. It may just not be your moms style.

Just wondering how old are you? I am 22.
I'm 15. So do you think Chanel's costume jewelry is worth the price? I mean...it's plastic so it's nothing special?????
 

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
ShopRodeo said:
I'm 15. So do you think Chanel's costume jewelry is worth the price? I mean...it's plastic so it's nothing special?????
I buy Chanel jewelry knowing it isnt worth much but I love the brand and I am a label whore. If the jewelry makes you happy and smile it is worth the price.

I see why you are so shy about going into stores, I thought you maybe younger, that is okay though. I was into designers since I was born but once you start buying from them you will realize it is not a big deal to go into the store.

It is good that you like Chanel it is a classic brand that will never go out of style.
 

ShopRodeo

Member
Dec 29, 2005
271
1
madeline said:
I buy Chanel jewelry knowing it isnt worth much but I love the brand and I am a label whore. If the jewelry makes you happy and smile it is worth the price.

I see why you are so shy about going into stores, I thought you maybe younger, that is okay though. I was into designers since I was born but once you start buying from them you will realize it is not a big deal to go into the store.

It is good that you like Chanel it is a classic brand that will never go out of style.
Exactly. What's great about the costume jewelry is that you can buy it at a pretty inexpensive price and still have the label...and it looks good too! Chanel is a great designer...definitely classic. what kind of jewelry do you wear?
 

madeline

Member
Dec 2, 2005
421
1
ShopRodeo said:
Exactly. What's great about the costume jewelry is that you can buy it at a pretty inexpensive price and still have the label...and it looks good too! Chanel is a great designer...definitely classic. what kind of jewelry do you wear?

I tend to be pretty simple on a daily basis. I stick with classics like diamond stud earrings, solitaire necklaces i love, nice stuff not too flashy.I have two nice watches. I like to think I have elegant style. I though I am not like most people my age I guess, I have been blessed with nice things but no matter what you have as long as it hold special meaning to you that is all that matters.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.