Chanel sale in Hong Kong - Dec 7

So I was thinking, is it possible for me to call up the Chanel store(s) in HK to reserve a classic Jumbo flap and when I'm in HK, I'll go pay and pick it up? I'm getting paranoid these days about stocks running out, price increases etc. but the thing is, I'll only be going to HK end March (which I cant wait!). At best, my aunt is likely to be going early next Feb and then she could pick it up for me. Oh, and I'm really picky about my bag. I need my bag to be new and untouched (tissues still wrapped around the chains etc.) so this is a problem if my aunt is picking it up.

I spoke to a Chanel SA before and unless they really know you, they will not reserve bags for you. And they REALLY REALLY have to know you very well before they allow you to pay by credit card over the phone (HK Chanel has a good record on their customers and they will look at your record to determine what "treatment" you deserve...).

Also, mid-Feb is Chinese New Year which means a lot of tourists and visitors will be coming to Hong Kong and that's when all the good bags will get snapped up.

So if you really want your bag, you should ask your aunt to buy the bag for you today. I would not worry too much about the bag not being new etc because most bags in the HK boutiques are new and carefully handled both by the SAs and the customers. Whether you will get a bag that is still in its "original" packaging will depend on how lucky you are, i.e. whether your aunt is able to get you a new one!

Good luck.

I spoke to a Chanel SA before and unless they really know you, they will not reserve bags for you. And they REALLY REALLY have to know you very well before they allow you to pay by credit card over the phone (HK Chanel has a good record on their customers and they will look at your record to determine what "treatment" you deserve...).

Also, mid-Feb is Chinese New Year which means a lot of tourists and visitors will be coming to Hong Kong and that's when all the good bags will get snapped up.

So if you really want your bag, you should ask your aunt to buy the bag for you today. I would not worry too much about the bag not being new etc because most bags in the HK boutiques are new and carefully handled both by the SAs and the customers. Whether you will get a bag that is still in its "original" packaging will depend on how lucky you are, i.e. whether your aunt is able to get you a new one!

Good luck.

Thanks for your input, I'll see what I can do!

Mel has left. But if you are going to the airport Chanel, ask for either Crystal or Joey. They are both very friendly and nice. Joey even waited for me outside the airport after work once so that I could collect a bag from her.

Mel has left. But if you are going to the airport Chanel, ask for either Crystal or Joey. They are both very friendly and nice. Joey even waited for me outside the airport after work once so that I could collect a bag from her.

Hi Miffy

Thanks for the update....btw i'm so sad that Mel left....I tot she's great..guess they are really overworked there :graucho:

hello does anyone know when is hong kong going to increase their price? cause other treads said uk n paris going to increase their price soon so wondering if hk going to do the same! i hope not tho!