Chanel Sale 2018 (winter)

I'm scouring this thread to check out others' sale finds, but I got incredibly lucky and scored my first Chanel RTW piece today at my local NM!! The SA said that someone had purchased this jacket in 2 sizes a little while back, kept them both debating which size made sense to keep, and then finally returned this one. Otherwise it would not have made it to the sale!

Attachments

• vtGHI3amSsCkKWkZfq5rIA.jpg
    vtGHI3amSsCkKWkZfq5rIA.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 1,232
I'm scouring this thread to check out others' sale finds, but I got incredibly lucky and scored my first Chanel RTW piece today at my local NM!! The SA said that someone had purchased this jacket in 2 sizes a little while back, kept them both debating which size made sense to keep, and then finally returned this one. Otherwise it would not have made it to the sale!

You scored a nice jacket! [emoji4]

Reactions: Rhl2987
Congrats to you but I am going to be honest and state that seeing this on sale has been upsetting for me. My SA gave me every assurance that this jacket would not be on sale. I have had too many things hit a sale a couple of months after purchase and told her that before making the buy.

Congrats to you but I am going to be honest and state that seeing this on sale has been upsetting for me. My SA gave me every assurance that this jacket would not be on sale. I have had too many things hit a sale a couple of months after purchase and told her that before making the buy.
I'm so sorry about that! Did you also buy it at Neiman Marcus? I hope that your SA can do something to make it up to you somehow. That is an unfortunate situation and I would also feel very unhappy about it.

I'm so sorry about that! Did you also buy it at Neiman Marcus? I hope that your SA can do something to make it up to you somehow. That is an unfortunate situation and I would also feel very unhappy about it.
Thank you. Please know that I am not trying to take any joy from your great find. This is just a case of Chanel either not being honest as they were telling all the stores that there would be no sale or the items would be at least a year old. I think that all the department stores decided to get rid of everything as theywere all going leased. No I did not purchase at NM. In fact my local NM had a different style in this fabric.

Reactions: Tykhe
Thank you. Please know that I am not trying to take any joy from your great find. This is just a case of Chanel either not being honest as they were telling all the stores that there would be no sale or the items would be at least a year old. I think that all the department stores decided to get rid of everything as theywere all going leased. No I did not purchase at NM. In fact my local NM had a different style in this fabric.
I know that but I absolutely understand and I feel for you! It would have been better for your SA just to say he or she doesn't know, rather than stating something confidently and assuredly that turned out not to be the case.

Just an update of sale shoes at NM Westchester

Attachments

• 9E39C09B-52BB-4CF4-9744-6BEEDD0122DA.jpeg
    9E39C09B-52BB-4CF4-9744-6BEEDD0122DA.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,022
  • F812B638-0957-4BAB-9EC2-B4B22E274FC1.jpeg
    F812B638-0957-4BAB-9EC2-B4B22E274FC1.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,021
  • 45CA8ABB-BF1E-4FBC-A4EE-624D4CF89318.jpeg
    45CA8ABB-BF1E-4FBC-A4EE-624D4CF89318.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,017
Reactions: luxurina
I know that but I absolutely understand and I feel for you! It would have been better for your SA just to say he or she doesn't know, rather than stating something confidently and assuredly that turned out not to be the case.

Agreed as I think the SAs did not know what was going on. I don’t shop at NM but my local store had a few fall pieces on sale which I found odd as I heard they would definitely not be on sale.

True

Agreed as I think the SAs did not know what was going on. I don’t shop at NM but my local store had a few fall pieces on sale which I found odd as I heard they would definitely not be on sale.

Agree. I had a VERY long phone discussion with her. I do believe that she did not know and I also believe that she truly felt it would never go on sale. This model actually sold out at my store and in general for the chain. It looks to me like NM and Saks were the only two that had them available for a sale price.

Reactions: Rhl2987