Chanel/saks question!! Need help!

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
Hi Ladies,
I've found the Boy bag that I want at Saks and I got triple points last night. However, I was thinking that if my DH opened an account (I already have one) that I would get 10% off the purchase.

HOWEVER, I just was on Saks.com and they told me that Chanel is EXCLUDED from the 10% off first purchase! I'm totally confused because people are telling me that they got the 10% off??? Also, when I told the SA last night, she said that if I opened an account that I WOULD NOT get the points AND the card opening discount...and now triple points are over???

Can anyone shed some light or let me know if you have received this 10% off on a Chanel purchase there??

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE!

hi op I don't know if this is a recent change but I bought my gst this past week like maybe two days ago and I opened up the saks card got my ten percent off and triple points I paid slightly over 2500 for my gst just because I had some saks gift cards but I think the discount was around $280 or something like that I would say go in to the store and talk to ur SA my SA was awesome since I initially paid on my Amex when I preorderd and she let me return the bag open a saks account and when they gave me a limit of only $2800 since I am a student who doesn't work she worked with them to increase my limit substantially so that I could pay for my purchase and get 10% off and triple points good luck I think you will get the 10% off

hi op I don't know if this is a recent change but I bought my gst this past week like maybe two days ago and I opened up the saks card got my ten percent off and triple points I paid slightly over 2500 for my gst just because I had some saks gift cards but I think the discount was around $280 or something like that I would say go in to the store and talk to ur SA my SA was awesome since I initially paid on my Amex when I preorderd and she let me return the bag open a saks account and when they gave me a limit of only $2800 since I am a student who doesn't work she worked with them to increase my limit substantially so that I could pay for my purchase and get 10% off and triple points good luck I think you will get the 10% off

Thank you!! Unfortunately was buying over the phone at an out of state store but I will call her this am!! This is so frustrating!! Would MUCH prefer the 10% than the points!

if u are working over the phone try calling saks dadeland in Miami fl (I always go this saks) they are very helpful ask for mitai (my-tae) she is very helpful and maybe could help you out good luck op I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the 10%

Not sure this is right. I bought my first jumbo when I opened by account on a triple point event and got the 10% off and the triple points.

Last edited:
There are only certain Saks that give the 10% off of Chanel, not all of them. If they are a licensed store inside a Saks then they do not offer the 10%. I purchased my Chanel from the Saks in Atlanta and they were able to give me 10% by opening a Saks card, I received triple points and I got a bonus of 10,000 points as well - which equated to $275 in Saks gift cards. I hope this helps, good luck!

There are only certain Saks that give the 10% off of Chanel, not all of them. If they are a licensed store inside a Saks then they do not offer the 10%. I purchased my Chanel from the Saks in Atlanta and they were able to give me 10% by opening a Saks card, I received triple points and I got a bonus of 10,000 points as well - which equated to $275 in Saks gift cards. I hope this helps, good luck!

How do I know if it's a licensed Chanel store inside the Saks?

So annoyed since I asked her if I could do both?!! GRR!

if u are working over the phone try calling saks dadeland in Miami fl (I always go this saks) they are very helpful ask for mitai (my-tae) she is very helpful and maybe could help you out good luck op I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the 10%

Thank you!!! I'm going to see what happens when I speak with the SA and then will call your SA.

Again, many thanks!