Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

It read a little saint Laurent to me for some looks. I’m definitely not a fishnet stocking kind of girl. The pink suit is lovely. I could see them doing more colors in that style. I liked the lion tank. I also liked the two dresses but the black one is sooo short and the white one is probably a mint ! :smile:
I love the look of the pink suit as well! Hope they have that version in a different color, since while I adore the pink look, it just doesn't look great against my skin tone.

Reactions: TankerToad
Just watched the show and had the following thoughts:

The Good: Loved the venue - thought it was a great backdrop for a show. Liked the graphic black/white jacket in looks 4 and 47 and the pink skirt set that P posted (reminds me of a vintage Jackie O suit from the 60s). I also enjoyed the graphic doves and the caped dresses, though I doubt that either of these will make their way into my closet. I thought the embroidered dresses were pretty too, but undoubtedly those pieces will cost a mint.

The Bad: The fishnet and excessive fringe... why? I'm also tired of the revisiting of black/white (yes, I know these are house colours) and reaching back to the 80s again. Haven't been we been here recently? I'm bored. I know I am beating a dead horse but I really miss seeing collections with beautiful and innovative tweeds.

The Ugly: Not a fan of the silhouette of the 'new style of jacket' (as described in the Vogue review) reflected in looks 1 and 2. I cannot imagine this shape is flattering on any body type.

Overall, I'm pretty lukewarm on this collection... I don't think there is anything I *must* have though I will likely inquire about a few pieces.

The Good: Loved the venue - thought it was a great backdrop for a show. Liked the graphic black/white jacket in looks 4 and 47 and the pink skirt set that P posted (reminds me of a vintage Jackie O suit from the 60s). I also enjoyed the graphic doves and the caped dresses, though I doubt that either of these will make their way into my closet. I thought the embroidered dresses were pretty too, but undoubtedly those pieces will cost a mint.

The Bad: The fishnet and excessive fringe... why? I'm also tired of the revisiting of black/white (yes, I know these are house colours) and reaching back to the 80s again. Haven't been we been here recently? I'm bored. I know I am beating a dead horse but I really miss seeing collections with beautiful and innovative tweeds.

The Ugly: Not a fan of the silhouette of the 'new style of jacket' (as described in the Vogue review) reflected in looks 1 and 2. I cannot imagine this shape is flattering on any body type.

Overall, I'm pretty lukewarm on this collection... I don't think there is anything I *must* have though I will likely inquire about a few pieces.
+1 on the fringe... it turned me off on several of the outfits. I thought the jacket of look 1 and 2 seemed a bit repetitive - the black version looks pretty much like the ones I saw in F/W. I do like that they seem to have heard the customers' feedback and did this show in a well lit place. I still don't know what most of the pieces look like in F/W

+1 on the fringe... it turned me off on several of the outfits. I thought the jacket of look 1 and 2 seemed a bit repetitive - the black version looks pretty much like the ones I saw in F/W. I do like that they seem to have heard the customers' feedback and did this show in a well lit place. I still don't know what most of the pieces look like in F/W

Oh man, I had to laugh a bit at the comment about the lighting...and still having no idea what some F/W pieces look like. I pre-ordered two jackets and I still don't know what shade they are. Even my SA doesn't really know. Guess we'll find out! :doh:

Some instagram pics :smile: the first one reminds me a bit of the white cardi b set but will have to see more :smile:

View attachment 5073934

View attachment 5073935

View attachment 5073938

View attachment 5073939
Looks better off IG, these photos take me back to late 90s high school goth. I think I wore this exact outfit. I had to look it up, because the T-shirt seemed so familiar, did anyone else who grew up in the 90s wear Emily the Strange T shirts? So graphic T, short skirt, fishnets, Mary Jane shoes (or boots), dark makeup.
I also have some very Victorian gothy clunky heeled Mary Janes in the attic that I just realized are very 18A!
However, I feel very nostalgic these last months and would not hate it if the 90s are back in style.

Attachments

• 53BDCEB4-6586-494A-AE7F-471341C06F65.png
    53BDCEB4-6586-494A-AE7F-471341C06F65.png
    533.5 KB · Views: 36
Checked out the cruise show and the still images on the Vogue app. I thought this collection is much more wearable compare to the previous Cruise collection (I’m also a black and white girl), but came away feeling a little bit underwhelmed. However, did see a couple of pieces that I’ll likely reserve. That white jacket will probably cost an arm and a leg :loveeyes:

Also has anyone seen a closeup of the bag as part of the last picture?
View attachment 5074303
View attachment 5074304
View attachment 5074306
Those were my favs too. Otherwise, not keen.

Went to the shop at the weekend and ended up with totally different things than what I had reserved. Went in for mom jeans and while they were lovely this material stole my heart:1620163659483.png

Last edited:

+1. I don’t think I’ve worn large fishnets. . . Ever. (especially since I didn’t buy YSL until the 1990s). Maybe the small wolford ones twenty years ago, (ergh, I bought them but didn’t wear them) but then I remember, I’m officially old :biggrin:
I have enough jackets unless something pops that I really love. I asked my SA to focus on wearable, casual knits for me, so she thought this was nice (a Henley to wear with jeans or whatever to dinner or running errands which is basically the extent of my life right now :smile:

225FF60F-5361-476A-B8D3-50ABBBCEB6FB.jpeg

Last edited: