Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

Just some extra information which parallels the above.

As I do travel (and move a lot), I have been told that alterations which cannot be completed on time for me to take along may be done in other international Chanel boutiques, complimentary if current season, the fee maybe be waived for sale items, depending on strength of boutique relationship. I have also been given notes to collect boxes esp hat boxes in other locations if they were out of them.
Apparently each alteration is kept on record in the client's account, for reference, as we may need major work in future in case of changes in fit.

For Cambon if the alterations take a while longer than my stay in Paris, they then ship it after completion to me and that is automatically tax free.

My local boutiques offered me a "refresh service" for jackets etc using a machine they now have in house. I haven't tried this service myself, so cannot comment further. I send everything for professional dry clean as recommended by the local stores where I am based. They know who can be trusted with their items.
At the moment I have experienced no problems with cleaners in Zurich, The Hague, London, Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Hope this helps.

As I do travel (and move a lot), I have been told that alterations which cannot be completed on time for me to take along may be done in other international Chanel boutiques, complimentary if current season, the fee maybe be waived for sale items, depending on strength of boutique relationship. I have also been given notes to collect boxes esp hat boxes in other locations if they were out of them.
Apparently each alteration is kept on record in the client's account, for reference, as we may need major work in future in case of changes in fit.

For Cambon if the alterations take a while longer than my stay in Paris, they then ship it after completion to me and that is automatically tax free.

My local boutiques offered me a "refresh service" for jackets etc using a machine they now have in house. I haven't tried this service myself, so cannot comment further. I send everything for professional dry clean as recommended by the local stores where I am based. They know who can be trusted with their items.
At the moment I have experienced no problems with cleaners in Zurich, The Hague, London, Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Hope this helps.
This is great information!

Hope this helps.
These are the cleaners in Paris recommended by Chanel
Can you please share the cleaners in Zurich , I asked the boutique there and they told me they couldn’t recommend anything.
And I’m interested to know the cleaners in London.

These are the cleaners in Paris recommended by Chanel
Can you please share the cleaners in Zurich , I asked the boutique there and they told me they couldn’t recommend anything.
And I’m interested to know the cleaners in London.
I'll check, Zurich was a long time ago. For Chanel in London I used Jeeves as there was a branch near our home. Hermes used Mr Steed. Thank you for sharing your contacts too. @ari 💜

• Thanks
Reactions: ari
Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant the complimentary refresh service by Chanel boutiques.
:smile:
Is this a new service? I would love to use this if they made it easily available. In the time I shopped at Chanel, it was hard enough to get hold of a tailor. Also, considering the number of times they outright lost items I submitted for repair, I think I would be nervous to leave jackets in their care on a regular basis.

• Haha
Reactions: periogirl28
Is this a new service? I would love to use this if they made it easily available. In the time I shopped at Chanel, it was hard enough to get hold of a tailor. Also, considering the number of times they outright lost items I submitted for repair, I think I would be nervous to leave jackets in their care on a regular basis.
It's now offered in my local store in Asia. I'll have to ask London and Paris...

Reactions: BreezyE and Tykhe