Chanel RTW Purchase! Possibly Vintage?

Oct 30, 2011
I have made friends with a couple that owns a consignment store. I've found pretty good success selling through them and they are always so nice to show me when luxury brands get brought into the store. Well, they got some type of a Chanel suit so I went in to check it out. It was brought in by an older lady and I was kind of bummed because the size tag was missing.

Anyway I tried it on and the sweater fit well but the skirt was very long. Side tag said 100% Cashmere. It got me thinking this was from a time when the longer skirts were in (late 80's or early 90's?). But what do I know, I usually get handbags over RTW.

Short story long (hehe), I got the sweater/top part for $100. Can anyone tell me what season/year this is from? Was $100 a good price? Any intel??

Thank you in advance knowledgable TPFers :smile:

Attachments

• image-589728457.jpg
    image-589728457.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 281
  • image-2914995151.jpg
    image-2914995151.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 280
  • image-4012168399.jpg
    image-4012168399.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 278
  • image-3412738443.jpg
    image-3412738443.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 289
lovehermes said:
Beautiful! Could you have shortened the skirt?

Thank you :smile:
I thought shortening the skirt would mess with the integrity of the outfit, but I suppose separating the two pieces did that too. And when I tried the two pieces in together the bottom didn't remotely look good on me.

Thank you :smile:
I thought shortening the skirt would mess with the integrity of the outfit, but I suppose separating the two pieces did that too. And when I tried the two pieces in together the bottom didn't remotely look good on me.
Ok...that makes sense about the integrity of the outfit. Love the cashmere sweater! It's probably gorgeous with anything.
Is the Burgundy Chanel handbag on your avatar from this year? I love the color!!

PrettyCamellia said:
Looks like a very versatile classy piece. I would have bought both pieces to keep them together though especially if they were a set to begin with. Nice score. :tup:

Thank you! I know...shoulda.
I did some eBay digging and saw the same color and buttons on some diff styles, but none of the sellers could pinpoint a year. I suppose I'll just go with "vintage" for now.