chanel ressuie 225 (chain)

joli01

Jun 17, 2010
Hello Chanel-lovers :smile:

I just got my (new) pre-owned Chanel Ressuie 225 with gold hard ware and I'm so happy about it :smile:

The earlier owner has unfortinatly broken the chain and I was thinking about if I would repair it or exchange it. But what I dont know is the exactly original length. I'm 171 cm and would love to wear it cross-over and am afraid that it will be to short if I only repair it. Links will be less than the original length. If I exchange the chain it could also be a big differnce between the new chain and the other hard ware since they are a bit worned.

Does anyone know the original length on the chain?

Thanks in advance :smile:

I have the 226 and 227 and I can measure the chains for you, but I recommend taking the bag to Chanel to replace the chain. For an additional fee, you can also have the other damaged hardware replaced.

I have a 225. The drop of the single chain laying flat on my bed is about 20-1/4 inches. I had to look up 171 cm, but I am a bit taller and I wear it crossbody no problem. But I've found on these forums that you have to take into account how voluptuous you are when you're trying to wear your bag crossbody.

Thanks for the answers :smile:

Chanbal: I called Chanel-store in London and they said it will cost about 100£ (167 usd) to replace the chain. If I give it to the local jewlery-seller he'll will repair it with sawing up to links and put it together again for 22 usd. The hardware where the gold is damaged is mainly on the locker, so it's not replaceable. It's sad, I know. But I bought it for a good price so I had in mind that it would have some beautyspots. Therefore I won't be afraid of using it whenever I wish ;)

Coxswain1: My chain is 131 cm (about 51,6 inches) so it sound like its only one missing link. I'm about 5 ft 6 inches and fit's perfectly now. I'll try to remove the repairlink and bound it with thread to see how it will be if I just repair it.

Thanks for the answers :smile:

Chanbal: I called Chanel-store in London and they said it will cost about 100£ (167 usd) to replace the chain. If I give it to the local jewlery-seller he'll will repair it with sawing up to links and put it together again for 22 usd. The hardware where the gold is damaged is mainly on the locker, so it's not replaceable. It's sad, I know. But I bought it for a good price so I had in mind that it would have some beautyspots. Therefore I won't be afraid of using it whenever I wish ;)

Coxswain1: My chain is 131 cm (about 51,6 inches) so it sound like its only one missing link. I'm about 5 ft 6 inches and fit's perfectly now. I'll try to remove the repairlink and bound it with thread to see how it will be if I just repair it.

It makes sense to have the chain fixed for $22. I was under the impression that locks on reissues can be replaced; did you ask Chanel about that?

It makes sense to have the chain fixed for $22. I was under the impression that locks on reissues can be replaced; did you ask Chanel about that?

No, I never asked Chanel about it since I can't see how it will be taken off.

I went to an other jewlery-retailer, that is specified in making jewlery and repairs. He would do what he could to make it look good.
I also showed him the hardwear and he said that since he's not able to take it off, it will not be a good result. I better live with it. That was what I thougt to and I'm fine with it :smile:.

I will pick up the bag tomorrow, so I hope it looks good :smile:. Worst case scenario is to exchange it

I'd rather pay the extra for peace of mind. My concern is Chanel might not take your purse in for future repairs or bag spa if they knew it's been 'tampered with' by someone else.

I'd rather pay the extra for peace of mind. My concern is Chanel might not take your purse in for future repairs or bag spa if they knew it's been 'tampered with' by someone else.

I undertand. If I'd purchased it in store and had all papers, with box and everything I would have changed the chain for sure. But since I only have the bag and I bought it pre-owned through an auction, I thougt I give it a try.

I got the bag today and it looks amazing. No signs at all of being repaired. I can't find the spot :biggrin:.
He had the tools to weld (?) the link and I am very happy with the result. Could not got better!

Thanks for the support! Now I'll wear my new darling and if I feel it's the best model ever, I'll buy a new one aswell!

I undertand. If I'd purchased it in store and had all papers, with box and everything I would have changed the chain for sure. But since I only have the bag and I bought it pre-owned through an auction, I thougt I give it a try.

I got the bag today and it looks amazing. No signs at all of being repaired. I can't find the spot :biggrin:.
He had the tools to weld (?) the link and I am very happy with the result. Could not got better!

Thanks for the support! Now I'll wear my new darling and if I feel it's the best model ever, I'll buy a new one aswell!

Sounds good! Congrats :biggrin: Show us some pics of your new-to-you reissue ;)