Chanel repair

I asked a SA at Neiman Marcus Chanel Boutique and she told me that I would need to bring in the receipt to provide proof of purchase and it has to be at where I purchased the bag from in order for a repair. Is that true? I can't go to any Chanel boutique and send it to the company for repair?

I don't know if you need a receipt, but if you bring it to a chanel boutique, they should be able to look your information up. You should be able to bring it to any chanel boutique, since I bought my pink chevron mini in December from Vegas and then I noticed my strap was cracking! So I brought it in my SF Chanel location and they sent it off for repair. Just be sure they fix it right, I had to send it off 3 times before they finally fixed it.

I have a 14 series Gst which I took for repair in February. I didn't have a receipt and forgot to bring the authenticity card but wasn't asked for either. They did a fabulous repair which was ready quicker than expected and cost less than I initially thought it would. This was at the flagship Bond Street store in London.