Chanel Repair vintage bag

lilah1

Dec 24, 2014
Hey guys :smile: I wanted to get a 30 year classic flap repaired at the Chanel boutique (stitching is lose on the flap on one site) in Germany. Now I have two questions about it that no SA can seem to answer lol
1) Can I get it repaired even though I don't have the receipt?
2) How much does it usually cost to get a single stitch fixed?
Maybe some of you can help me, thank you in advance :smile:
Have a lovely weekend!!

Hey guys :smile: I wanted to get a 30 year classic flap repaired at the Chanel boutique (stitching is lose on the flap on one site) in Germany. Now I have two questions about it that no SA can seem to answer lol
1) Can I get it repaired even though I don't have the receipt?
2) How much does it usually cost to get a single stitch fixed?
Maybe some of you can help me, thank you in advance :smile:
Have a lovely weekend!!
I have taken my Jumbo Classic flap 2X to Manhattan Boutique -fixed a broken zipper inside and corner stitch, no
questions asked .....could see Serial# inside, and completely restored bag to original condition which BTW at no extra
cost. Also I did not purchase the handbag there and they were happy to assist. Hoping this helps

I had a vintage Chanel with me at the London Bond Street store and the SA said to me they have a special service for vintage bags. It’s so hard to get costing info though because (as far as I understand) they take the bag, authenticate and review what work needs doing, then issue a quote for the work/cleaning & you decide what to go with. Best thing to do is just go into the boutique and ask what the options are!

Reactions: minnnea and lilah1
I have taken my Jumbo Classic flap 2X to Manhattan Boutique -fixed a broken zipper inside and corner stitch, no
questions asked .....could see Serial# inside, and completely restored bag to original condition which BTW at no extra
cost. Also I did not purchase the handbag there and they were happy to assist. Hoping this helps
Thank you! That gives me hope :loveeyes:

I had a vintage Chanel with me at the London Bond Street store and the SA said to me they have a special service for vintage bags. It’s so hard to get costing info though because (as far as I understand) they take the bag, authenticate and review what work needs doing, then issue a quote for the work/cleaning & you decide what to go with. Best thing to do is just go into the boutique and ask what

I had a vintage Chanel with me at the London Bond Street store and the SA said to me they have a special service for vintage bags. It’s so hard to get costing info though because (as far as I understand) they take the bag, authenticate and review what work needs doing, then issue a quote for the work/cleaning & you decide what to go with. Best thing to do is just go into the boutique and ask what the options are!
That's a good idea, will do! :smile:

I know someone who brought in her 15 year old CF for repair (cant recall what the issues was, minor one) and they also performed an overall servicing, she told me she paid GBP555. It took awhile though, she didnt have her bag for months.

I know someone who brought in her 15 year old CF for repair (cant recall what the issues was, minor one) and they also performed an overall servicing, she told me she paid GBP555. It took awhile though, she didnt have her bag for months.
Thank you! I wasn't expecting it to cost that much, but it depends on the issue I guess. I'm already expecting that it will take a few months, but I'm still hoping that I will get it bag this year...fingers crossed :smile:

I also had a few loose stitches repaired at no cost. 2005 reissue that I had not bought at that boutique and didn't have the receipt for. The process was pretty easy, though my bag was gone for several months.

Reactions: lilah1
Do you know by any chance if Chanel in NBS London clean and redye classic flaps? I have a vintage classic flap and I was looking to get it cleaned at the handbag spa in London but wonder if it’s better to go to Chanel directly?

Do you know by any chance if Chanel in NBS London clean and redye classic flaps? I have a vintage classic flap and I was looking to get it cleaned at the handbag spa in London but wonder if it’s better to go to Chanel directly?
I don’t think they do it in the store, I think the SA said it would be sent somewhere to be reviewed and see what work should be done to it, then send you a quote, then you can decide how much of the tidy up gets done. I didn’t get very much information about it I’m afraid as my bag was in relatively good vintage condition! But it was definitely in NBS I was speaking to the SA so there’s no harm popping in if you’re nearby or in London anyway.

Reactions: crystal_wellness
I don’t think they do it in the store, I think the SA said it would be sent somewhere to be reviewed and see what work should be done to it, then send you a quote, then you can decide how much of the tidy up gets done. I didn’t get very much information about it I’m afraid as my bag was in relatively good vintage condition! But it was definitely in NBS I was speaking to the SA so there’s no harm popping in if you’re nearby or in London anyway.
Thanks! If they could take it in thats something.. I assumed they dont take in vintage bags but it was purchased in OBS when they had a boutique there