Chanel repair nightmare

I have a so black chevron jumbo that needs to be sent in for repair because 1) the center of the CC turnlock is turning slightly greenish, and 2) there are threads on the straps that are coming loose. The problem is that I am so, so, so nervous about sending it into Chanel because of all these stories, and I'm convinced that the bag is going to come back with dents or scratches or something. It took me about 4 tries before I found a chevron that didn't have any wrinkling or dents, and if they mess this bag up, I won't have any ways to get a new one! EEK!

I know what you mean! My beloved purse was purchased in Paris when my hubby and I were there for our 10 year anniversary. This is a very special bag that I do not want compromised at all. How will I get another one? Mine is perfect (except for that dang fray)! I don't know what to do!!!

I would love to see the YouTube link too. Wouldn't the easier fix have been to just replace the leather/chain strap? Chanel wouldn't have to "repair" anything. They cld have just replaced with an identical substitute (that had one continuous piece of leather lol!)

I had to send my bag for repair 2 months ago as the leather intertwined in the chain was fraying (bag bought Oct/15), and they replaced the whole chain for me, thank goodness, that is FOR SURE a simpler solution!

I have a Chanel mini bag that I bought in May 2015. The stitching on the strap ends became loose so I brought it into my boutique to get it repaired in the beginning of January 2016. When the bag came back, the strap was torn. So the store sent it back for repair to get the strap replaced. When the bag came back, it was repaired but the strap was no longer one continuous piece of leather. It had three different sections of leather glued together to make one strap. When I called the 1800 customer care line to explain the situation, this was their reply:
"Thank you for contacting Chanel Customer Care regarding your handbag repair.

Please know we have forwarded your concerns to our Corporate Office and Corporate Repairs Department.

In regards to your repair,please know that there will be a visible end to the interlace chain and fold over seam and stitching which is inevitable. The three-part interwoven leather strap was the only solution to repair the shoulder strap of your handbag. All of our interlace chains are constructed and woven by hand, altering the interlaced leather in the chain would technically be altering the design of the handbag. Chanel's After Service Department did all that they were able to do to repair and stabilize the strap of your handbag.

We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Should you have any further questions or concerns, we do kindly ask you reach out to our Tysons Corner Boutique directly at 703-847-0555."

This was my reply:
"I completely disagree with that reply. The repair center altered my bag by tearing the leather on my original strap. The three-part woven strap is NOT how I bought the bag originally. That in and of itself is an alteration to the bag because that is not how the bag originally was. It was one continuous piece of leather. This was the fault of the after care service and they can't provide me the leather strap how I originally bought the piece?

This is absolutely disgraceful of the company. To ruin a bag and can't fix it how I bought it. The three strand solution is not an acceptable one as I saw the glued down part coming up on other bags in the store.
I have bought many Chanel items over the years but I will no longer support the company. This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with a repair of anything I bought. The after service care ripped my leather strap."

Chanel has lost a loyal customer. I have bought bags and slgs for many years but I can no longer support a company that tears my bag and then can't fix it how it originally was bought. I asked for one continuous piece of leather the way I bought it but it came back with the 3 different sections glued. I saw another strap in the store that has 3 different sections and the end was already lifting up, a brand new bag.

Your response was fabulous, even though they continue to be horrible to you.

I'm shocked to hear that there are other horrifying repair stories for such an expensive brand. I bought this bag at the rue cambon store in Paris while I was on vacation so I wouldn't be able to bring it back to the SA that sold me this bag. But I also don't necessarily want a credit or refund as this is my favorite bag. The only thing I want is for my bag in its original condition and they can't even do that. Chanel corporates reply to me was this:
"We do sincerely apologize for your experience regarding the repair of your bag. We do try to service all repairs with the best possible outcome that will not damage the integrity of your hand bag. Chanel's After Service Department did all that they were able to do to repair and stabilize the strap of your handbag.

We thank you for the feedback you have provided, it will be shared with our After Service Department as well as our Tysons Corner Boutique."

So they are not going to do anything about this.

It makes me sick to my stomach that I spend all this money on bags for absolutely terrible customer service. I get better service at a Dunkin Donuts!
But I will not be buying from Chanel again. It's not even worth the aesthetics anymore. I don't want my bags breaking down and having to go get it fixed and they ruin it more.

So let me get this straight...Leather Surgeons did this to your bag?! I thought they were the epitomy of precision repair and restoration of Chanel handbags? This is very upsetting because now I'm weary of sending any of my bags in for repairs.

So let me get this straight...Leather Surgeons did this to your bag?! I thought they were the epitomy of precision repair and restoration of Chanel handbags? This is very upsetting because now I'm weary of sending any of my bags in for repairs.

No way! Chanel did this to my bag! I will not be shopping at Chanel again and looking at my collection makes me feel sick that I've spent so much money on that brand.

I have read here that some say Chanel is telling them their bag is sent to Paris for returns....I also thought Leather Surgeons did most repairs in the US? I can't see Chanel sending a bag to Europe for a strap fix?!!!

I seriously think this thread has to be bumped every now and then to remind the buyers on Chanel's terrible after service and quality control of their ridiculously priced bags.

Which I think is the very reason why more Chanel buyers are heading up the Orange Slope to get their moneys worth.

Louis Vuitton has the best ever after sales service. Ever.

Actually, to be really honest, I don't understand why Chanel bags can't last forever.
They have very bags ( many bags ) that looks so Pretty on the Shelf and in the Store.
But once brought back and having used for a year or 2.. or more...
the bag just starts to Sag and gets Wrinkled and Scruff and Fold Lines etc etc...

I don't know, but LV and Hermes does not have long lasting quality issues, but Chanel does.

honestly after all the yearly price hikes, the after care service at both chanel and celine is disgraceful!!!!! their bags are expensive and a big part of the purchase is meant to be the quality of the product and the level of service (that they use to justify their price hikes).

i agree that this thread should be bumped every now and then, so people are aware of what they are getting into when they buy a product from chanel (or celine too)

I seriously think this thread has to be bumped every now and then to remind the buyers on Chanel's terrible after service and quality control of their ridiculously priced bags.

Which I think is the very reason why more Chanel buyers are heading up the Orange Slope to get their moneys worth.

Louis Vuitton has the best ever after sales service. Ever.

Actually, to be really honest, I don't understand why Chanel bags can't last forever.
They have very bags ( many bags ) that looks so Pretty on the Shelf and in the Store.
But once brought back and having used for a year or 2.. or more...
the bag just starts to Sag and gets Wrinkled and Scruff and Fold Lines etc etc...

I don't know, but LV and Hermes does not have long lasting quality issues, but Chanel does.

And this is EXACTLY why I mostly buy Vintage when it comes to Chanel. The quality is just ridiculously way up there compared to what it is now. I have 20+ year old bags that are in better condition my some of friends newer flaps.

I have read here that some say Chanel is telling them their bag is sent to Paris for returns....I also thought Leather Surgeons did most repairs in the US? I can't see Chanel sending a bag to Europe for a strap fix?!!!

I'm not familiar with Leather Surgeons, but I asked my SA about the thread that was fraying on my bag and she said that the bag will be sent to NYC Chanel. From there, I don't know what will happen/who will actually fix it though.

That's what I've been saying for years.

In Toronto, they send it to somewhere in the city, but are they the best in the city?