Chanel Repair Extent Question

ssicaa

O.G.
Apr 21, 2012
I'm thinking (for the future) of getting a vintage flap bag online since a new one would be outta my reach..

I was wondering, what's the extent of the repair that Chanel does when you send it in for repair/cleaning? Do they even repair/clean older VINTAGE styles?

For example, could they take out scuffs, frayed edges, scratches, etc?

I haven't gotten anything repaired recently but I know in the past, Chanel can repair corners, scuffs (to the best of its ability), redye (although the texture is not as soft and shows cracks up close), hardware replacement, stitchings to the flap. It doesn't clean the inside; so, if you have stickiness or residue inside, out of luck. Price ain't cheap; depends on the damage. Used to be 3-4mo to for any repairs; don't know if applicable now. HTH

I'm thinking (for the future) of getting a vintage flap bag online since a new one would be outta my reach..

I was wondering, what's the extent of the repair that Chanel does when you send it in for repair/cleaning? Do they even repair/clean older VINTAGE styles?

For example, could they take out scuffs, frayed edges, scratches, etc?

Chanel will repair any age of bag. They will replace straps, hardware, clean the outside/inside, replace the inside lining, redye the bag, etc. depending on what you want. Total refurbishment is $265 if you do everything, less if you do less (like replacing the chains is $60). You just need to let them know when you drop it off what you want done (i.e. clean both the inside and outside, or replace the inside lining, etc.). It typically takes 6 to 8 weeks.

Chanel will repair any age of bag. They will replace straps, hardware, clean the outside/inside, replace the inside lining, redye the bag, etc. depending on what you want. Total refurbishment is $265 if you do everything, less if you do less (like replacing the chains is $60). You just need to let them know when you drop it off what you want done (i.e. clean both the inside and outside, or replace the inside lining, etc.). It typically takes 6 to 8 weeks.

wow thanks! i think i just discovered the joy of vintage shopping! :smile:)

can they tell you on the spot if its authentic? im afraid to buy online due to authenticity (even though Ill get confirmation on this forum) so the sooner i find out, the sooner i can return if its not..

EDIT: also is there a shipping fee?

wow thanks! i think i just discovered the joy of vintage shopping! :smile:)

can they tell you on the spot if its authentic? im afraid to buy online due to authenticity (even though Ill get confirmation on this forum) so the sooner i find out, the sooner i can return if its not..

EDIT: also is there a shipping fee?

Chanel will not tell you about authenticity. You are best off having it authenticated either here or paying $5 to have it done by one of the third party companies who will do that. Small investment for big peace of mind.

You would need to take your bag to the boutique or else ship it to one.

Chanel will not tell you about authenticity. You are best off having it authenticated either here or paying $5 to have it done by one of the third party companies who will do that. Small investment for big peace of mind.

You would need to take your bag to the boutique or else ship it to one.

sorry! last question - do they even repair/clean if its not authentic? or do they bring it back as is?

sorry! last question - do they even repair/clean if its not authentic? or do they bring it back as is?

If it's not authentic, they will not touch it; you will get a letter saying it's not authentic and they will send it back to you. Why would they repair or clean something that's not theirs?

If it's not authentic, they will not touch it; you will get a letter saying it's not authentic and they will send it back to you. Why would they repair or clean something that's not theirs?

thanks! that wasnt a very good question on my part haha... noob here
just wanna make sure that i dont get charged for services on a fake bag

Last edited: