Experience with Chanel refurbishing/repair

Hi everyone!
I want to share with you my very disappointing experience with Chanel.
I own a wallet from 10y ago and back in January they confirmed they were able to repair it, detailed the price for the service and took my wallet….
I received a call in February offering me an additional service (+90€) to this repair which I kindly declined…
A month and a half after, I got an email of apologise for the delay, telling me that the repair won’t be possible… that I have to wait again until the item gets back in the shop…..
What is that?!!!

Hi everyone!
I want to share with you my very disappointing experience with Chanel.
I own a wallet from 10y ago and back in January they confirmed they were able to repair it, detailed the price for the service and took my wallet….
I received a call in February offering me an additional service (+90€) to this repair which I kindly declined…
A month and a half after, I got an email of apologise for the delay, telling me that the repair won’t be possible… that I have to wait again until the item gets back in the shop…..
What is that?!!!
Did they explain why it couldn't be repaired? That sucks, maybe you can take it to someone local.

Apparently, one piece of hardware was not produced anymore but when in the shop, and a month later on the phone they confirmed it could have been repaired. I suspect the value of the repair not high enough for them... since the offer of the leather car in addition .

Apparently, one piece of hardware was not produced anymore but when in the shop, and a month later on the phone they confirmed it could have been repaired. I suspect the value of the repair not high enough for them... since the offer of the leather car in addition .
So unprofessional.
I recently had a bag repaired at LV. They sent it back with the shoulder straps twisted and so when I sent it back, they replaced them with brand new ones free of charge. And this was for a 12 year old bag! Very happy with their customer service.

Reactions: Honeymoon and vcc1
That's what makes me nervous and they probably wouldn't give a gift card for the current retail price.
Can confirm they won't give you a store credit for the current retail price. My friend had to turn in her seasonal CF for repair because of rusty hardware, it was after the price increase and they only offer her the options to 1. repair the hardware (possible with a service fee) or 2. store credit in the original price she paid for. :doh:

Reactions: Tina1010
I have a beige clair classic flap with a minor flaw, where the turn knob is tilted off center so it just needs realignment. I would love to get this fixed, but I'm really hesitant in case it get damaged while in repair. What happens if the bag gets damaged or even lost? Does Chanel repair/replace? And do they expect us to pay the gap between any price increase during the time you purchased and got it back from repair? Has anyone had any negative experiences with Chanel's repair service? How long did it take to get your item back? I was originally planning to wait as long as possible and send it before the 5 year warranty expires, but if I factor in price increase for the worst case scenario, that may not be such a smart idea.
If they damage it, they will most likely give you a store credit for the amount you paid. When I had my Maxi 2.55 repaired in March 2022, it took about 3 months for it to come back. Repair was to restitch the inner flap to the inside part of the second flap.

Reactions: Tina1010
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions. Can I still send a preloved 2017 Chanel - Chevron Stitched Chain Top Handle Flap Bag Hardware replacement? Unfortunately, the hardware is tarnishing. Would it be under warranty or would I have to pay? if so how much?

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions. Can I still send a preloved 2017 Chanel - Chevron Stitched Chain Top Handle Flap Bag Hardware replacement? Unfortunately, the hardware is tarnishing. Would it be under warranty or would I have to pay? if so how much?

It's only under warranty for 5 years. Even within the warranty period, I don't know how much it costs or if they offer to cover the hardware replacement cost. I'm not sure how they go about preloved bags. If you can't get it replaced through Chanel, try asking leather craftsman for a quote.

Reactions: lauratea
It's only under warranty for 5 years. Even within the warranty period, I don't know how much it costs or if they offer to cover the hardware replacement cost. I'm not sure how they go about preloved bags. If you can't get it replaced through Chanel, try asking leather craftsman for a quote.
Sorry I meant leather surgeons.

Hi guys

I have some story to share , and would really use some suggestions and help here .

I sent my bag to my local boutique trying to repair the turn knob of my Chanel classic flap in GHW , as the hardware get tarnished even though only had couple uses of the bag . Mine is was the gold matt which I loved .

It’s over 10 yrs so they will charge me for about $100 for the repair which I accepted . And the SA even told me I don’t need to replace the CC logo because it’s still looks as new and I totally agree.

1 month later when I got notice it’s send back from the repair center in NJ ( here is the thing , I thought everything was sent back to Paris for repair ? ) , and it’s ready for me . When I went to the store and saw the bag , my heart stopped. They replaced the CC logo ! And the tone of the gold color on that is way off , it’s not even antique or matt or anything close . It looks like the gold was scrapped off on the surface and it looked so ugly . I refused to accept the bag and asked them to replace it for me . Weeks later with no any answers from Chanel , I called the customer service, and finally there is this lady who works in the boutique called me and telling me the repair center refuses to replace the turn lock , as they think the antique gold matches the catalog. Even though the lady is still trying to communicate with NJ repair center , they refuse to fix it. And this now has to be elevated to Chanel customer care . I requested to change back to my original CC clasp . I am yet to wait the answer . Any suggestions guys ? What’s the best solution here if they refuse to replace. I’ve attached a photo of the new clasp they put on . Didn’t take pictures of my original one though . Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks all !

C34582A8-59FB-4134-8ACB-6DF7C6188EA3.jpeg

E3DA5C29-28EF-43D8-8BFC-D37EA9504932.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: lunabear101
Oh wow…that isn’t even close to matching. Maybe reach out to your SA to help advocate on your behalf? I def would not accept the bag it’s resolved otherwise you have no leverage to fix it after that.

Hi guys

I have some story to share , and would really use some suggestions and help here .

I sent my bag to my local boutique trying to repair the turn knob of my Chanel classic flap in GHW , as the hardware get tarnished even though only had couple uses of the bag . Mine is was the gold matt which I loved .

It’s over 10 yrs so they will charge me for about $100 for the repair which I accepted . And the SA even told me I don’t need to replace the CC logo because it’s still looks as new and I totally agree.

1 month later when I got notice it’s send back from the repair center in NJ ( here is the thing , I thought everything was sent back to Paris for repair ? ) , and it’s ready for me . When I went to the store and saw the bag , my heart stopped. They replaced the CC logo ! And the tone of the gold color on that is way off , it’s not even antique or matt or anything close . It looks like the gold was scrapped off on the surface and it looked so ugly . I refused to accept the bag and asked them to replace it for me . Weeks later with no any answers from Chanel , I called the customer service, and finally there is this lady who works in the boutique called me and telling me the repair center refuses to replace the turn lock , as they think the antique gold matches the catalog. Even though the lady is still trying to communicate with NJ repair center , they refuse to fix it. And this now has to be elevated to Chanel customer care . I requested to change back to my original CC clasp . I am yet to wait the answer . Any suggestions guys ? What’s the best solution here if they refuse to replace. I’ve attached a photo of the new clasp they put on . Didn’t take pictures of my original one though . Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks all !

View attachment 5792756

View attachment 5792757
Oh wow this looks really off. As a backup, do reach out to leather surgeons and see what they can do for you. Dealing with them directly might might be a better solution than going through Chanel since you're out of the warranty period already. I also have a turn lock I need fixed but this is what scares me, ending up with another problem. I would almost rather deal with the tarnishing turn lock, which is only less than a year old! I spoke to Leather surgeons and they suggested I don't repair it until the time comes for a major refurbishment of the bag. I appreciated their honest input!