Chanel reissue in new goatskin leather

the_lvlady

I.LOVE.BAGS.
O.G.
May 26, 2007
Hi gals! I used to have the distressed calfskin reissue in black with rhw, which i terribly miss. A friend showed me a photo of the current season reissue in goatskin leather, color is charcoal which is a dark gray. Does anyone have a reissue made if this leather? I am outside the US at the moment and there are no Chanel boutiques here so it might be a while until i can see it IRL. Is goatskin durable, will it retain its shape well? Attaching the photo below, thank you in advance for any input!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452499272.125425.jpg

I love goatskin and wish Chanel used this leather with their bags more often. I find it to be a highly durable and scratch resistant leather. Used to have a boy bag in navy distressed goatskin which I sold as I hated the large square shape and it was incredible. Looked brand new after 2 years of use :smile:

Here is a photo of what I was told is the Act I Charcoal Reissue from PS Dept. When I asked about the leather, I was told it was "caviar", but I agree that it appears to be goat. The only goat I have is the iridescent boy, which I just got in the fall, but so far it seems super durable.

Attachments

• CCCharcoal.PNG
    CCCharcoal.PNG
    173.5 KB · Views: 2,113
Here is a photo of what I was told is the Act I Charcoal Reissue from PS Dept. When I asked about the leather, I was told it was "caviar", but I agree that it appears to be goat. The only goat I have is the iridescent boy, which I just got in the fall, but so far it seems super durable.

Yes i believe this is the same one in my photo. I am torn between this or the distressed calf which i loved when i had one...

I find goatskin to be super durable. I find my goatskin as durable as caviar if not more so. I was recommending it to everyone on forum and off whenever chance I got.

Ooh thanks for sharing! I want one :smile: