Chanel rectangle mini or Celine trio or...

Hikitten

Aug 7, 2011
New York
I know I'm preaching to the Chanel choir here. But any Chanel lovers own the Celine trio bag and can comment on it or compare it to another Chanel bag similar, perhaps the mini rectangle? I'm in the market for a new lightweight everyday bag that can be worn crossbody. I've looked at the trio and Gucci disco. I'd probably prefer Chanel but I really need a bag easy to get in and out of. I like the simplicity of the trio and the leather strap and the leather is beautiful. Not sure if I'd be ok using three separate compartments and don't love that it's been replicated so much.

These are the bags I have now:
Reissue 227
Square mini
Woc
Reissue camera bag
And some other bags [emoji23]

I have two small kids so I need to be hands free. I also have a lifestyle where I don't drive and bike to work so I'm not able to baby my bags and sometimes get caught in the rain. [emoji51]

Any advice appreciated!
xx

Photos are not mine
View attachment 3652261
View attachment 3652262

Last edited:
Reactions: midnitee

k5ml3k

Jul 26, 2012
I had the Celine trio and really liked it in the beginning but after wearing it for awhile, I ended up selling. I hated how it always bulked up when I used items that weren't flat. With that said, I've always loved Chanel minis...both rectangle or square. That'd be my vote. GL!

yinnie

O.G.
Apr 19, 2008
I have chanel square minis (no rectangulars) and a large trio. Some things to think about :
Leather -Are u looking at caviar mini? That will def be more durable than trio Leather which is soft and delicate.
Price- there is huge price difference between the two options!
Space - how much do u need to hold? Trio would hold more than the mini with the extra compartments. But as poster above said, it bulges at anything not flat.
I tend to grab my minis more than the trio so mini gets my vote. However I don't regret getting the trio, I still think it's a beautiful bag to have in your collection and celine makes some beautiful colours in the trio (I saw burgundy last week tdf!)

Hikitten

Aug 7, 2011
New York
I have chanel square minis (no rectangulars) and a large trio. Some things to think about :
Leather -Are u looking at caviar mini? That will def be more durable than trio Leather which is soft and delicate.
Price- there is huge price difference between the two options!
Space - how much do u need to hold? Trio would hold more than the mini with the extra compartments. But as poster above said, it bulges at anything not flat.
I tend to grab my minis more than the trio so mini gets my vote. However I don't regret getting the trio, I still think it's a beautiful bag to have in your collection and celine makes some beautiful colours in the trio (I saw burgundy last week tdf!)
I think I would want the mini rectangle in lambskin since I have the square in caviar already. I have a woc in Lambskin and love it.

I know the price difference is huge! [emoji38] that's part of the debate. The Celine is such a basic as I see it. I guess having both in my collection would be nice.

I would like to hold the basics, card case phone lip glass keys tissues and sunglasses. I understand sunglasses may bulge in the trio.
But will the fit in the rectangle mini?

Manolos21

Jan 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I have both bags, and while I love the Chanel more, the Trio definitely holds a ton. It would certainly hold your sunglasses, and if you put it in the middle pouch, it wouldn't bulge too much. However, I've also had no issues fitting my Christian Dior aviators in my Chanel mini (though if you like the bigger sunglasses, maybe it'd be harder to fit much else).

Reactions: Hikitten

susan08

May 20, 2015
I have both. I think trio is more causal look and won’t need to think about if my bag is too eye catching.

I’ll suggest to get diff color if you decide to get both.

I like both and they are crossbody. Trio is lighter tho

Reactions: Hikitten

ngbranda

Nov 20, 2016
I don't have the trio (contemplated to get it) and have the Gucci soho disco but sold it mainly because the zipper is just too hard to manipulate if I'm holding my baby in one arm. The Chanel mini can be easily closed with one hand and even it's not closed the flap will prevent anything from spilling out. I think this is something you'll need to keep in mind if you want a bag that's hands free and easy to use. The rectangular mini is a good sling bag due to its length and works very well dressed up or down

RasberryLV

Jan 13, 2013
Chanel rectangular mini! I have this exact combo and I love love love it!! [emoji7][emoji7]

little.bear

Sep 22, 2016
If I base it purely on looks I'd go for Chanel over Celine. If space is important, Celine is a better option. Chanel looks more classy and elegant, where as Celine looks more chic and casual. I like that I can use the Celine as a clutch too. Good luck deciding!