Chanel Receipt doesn’t match the collection

cloudwl

O.G.
Oct 20, 2013
Hello everyone,
I just bought a Small Classic Flap and I was told it was a 21P collection. I ordered this bag over the phone and got an email receipt and it is showing it is a 19B classic collection on the receipt! I am just curious if anyone experienced this before. Ordered this bag from NM. I am just worried in case if I want to sell it in the future, I will have issues since it doesn’t match the collection. My SA told me that sometimes the receipt doesn’t shows accurate info. What do you gals think?

0362B190-A15F-4417-802A-0D6C4C93A25E.jpeg

80E9F78A-1446-42E7-8CAB-393946BE4753.png

Hello everyone,
I just bought a Small Classic Flap and I was told it was a 21P collection. I ordered this bag over the phone and got an email receipt and it is showing it is a 19B classic collection on the receipt! I am just curious if anyone experienced this before. Ordered this bag from NM. I am just worried in case if I want to sell it in the future, I will have issues since it doesn’t match the collection. My SA told me that sometimes the receipt doesn’t shows accurate info. What do you gals think?

View attachment 5006638

View attachment 5006640
This has happened to me too...and when I rehomed the bag years later the person accused me of it being fake due to this exact issue which was the last time I ever sold a bag directly to someone. Now I just use fashionphile.

Hello everyone,

View attachment 5006638

View attachment 5006640
Tag is what matters. If you sell just keep the tag.

Does the style code or anything on the receipt match the tag? Even if the pricing was the same, I would be concerned and still insist on having the exact product on the receipt. It could be problematic if you decide to return it and the item doesn't match the receipt.

This has happened to me too...and when I rehomed the bag years later the person accused me of it being fake due to this exact issue which was the last time I ever sold a bag directly to someone. Now I just use fashionphile.
Hello... thanks for your response. I am not sure what to do now since my SA insist that there will not be a problem as the SKU matches the receipt. I ordered this bag from an SA in NM Florida but the receipt I got was from Nm San Diego! I tried to avoid Fashionphile since they do low ball you.

Does the style code or anything on the receipt match the tag? Even if the pricing was the same, I would be concerned and still insist on having the exact product on the receipt. It could be problematic if you decide to return it and the item doesn't match the receipt.
Hello! I just called the NM Chanel Boutique from SD and spoke with the store ambassador and she told me with the classic flap for 21P it will show as a 19B collection. She said for some reason the SKU for the 21P collection unfortunately they will not show as 21P because they are from Department Store instead of the stand alone store. She said all the Chanel boutique in a Department Store fir this bag will show as 19B collection for the 21P classics! Doesn’t make sense to me.

• Sad
Reactions: Jenni_Jenn
Tag is what matters. If you sell just keep the tag.
Hello! Thank you for your response. I never pay attention to the receipt until this recent purchase. Sometimes when you do sell preloved bags some buyers prefer to get the original receipt. Ism not planning to sell but just maybe in the future and afraid I might have issues.

Hello! Thank you for your response. I never pay attention to the receipt until this recent purchase. Sometimes when you do sell preloved bags some buyers prefer to get the original receipt. Ism not planning to sell but just maybe in the future and afraid I might have issues.
I sold my bag to fashionphile last week and they said do not include the store receipt. I did have the tag.

Thanks for letting me know! I called another SA of mine in NM LV. She rang up the SKU number and it is showing 19B collection as well. Anyways thank you girlies for helping me with my silly question! I appreciate all of you!
Hello everyone,

View attachment 5006638

View attachment 5006640
Same thing happened to me and I bought from the NM in Florida as well just last month. I asked the SA regarding it and she said NM didn't input the correct info on the system and what really matters is the bag serial number tied to your account and purchase. I have no intentions of ever selling my mini flap so don't care too much about it. Hope that helps! Another member actually brought this same concern up on a different thread and she purchased from the NM in FL as well :smile:

Reactions: cloudwl
Same thing happened to me and I bought from the NM in Florida as well just last month. I asked the SA regarding it and she said NM didn't input the correct info on the system and what really matters is the bag serial number tied to your account and purchase. I have no intentions of ever selling my mini flap so don't care too much about it. Hope that helps! Another member actually brought this same concern up on a different thread and she purchased from the NM in FL as well :smile:
Hello!! Thanks for letting me know. I guess not just NM in Florida. Actually my SA from LV type in the SKU number and it is showing the same 19B collection. I guess the tag is most important then. I don’t intend to sell it but just incase if I need to. But thanks for your input.

I also just purchased a 21p bag, but I can't find the season listed anywhere on the receipt at all, just the sku. I bought mine at Saks-- don't know if that makes a difference.

Reactions: cloudwl
Hello... thanks for your response. I am not sure what to do now since my SA insist that there will not be a problem as the SKU matches the receipt. I ordered this bag from an SA in NM Florida but the receipt I got was from Nm San Diego! I tried to avoid Fashionphile since they do low ball you.
My SA did the same and it was a huge mess later so if you normally provide receipts I’d insist on them providing something that matches.

My SA did the same and it was a huge mess later so if you normally provide receipts I’d insist on them providing something that matches.
Thank you for responding! I did and they said there is nothing they can do. She said she has included the tag with the bag and that’s what matters. I guess I just need to keep the tag in case if I ever wanted to sell it and she said I can give them her number and they can clarified it for me! I was like... that’s not gonna help me.. lol!

I am sad to say that I will be returning the bag! I was told there is still protective sticker on the lock and there isn’t. Main thing is there is a scratch under the flap! So disappointed!

Attachments

• 293DD658-8606-4059-8592-DA41F1A0B4EC.jpeg
    293DD658-8606-4059-8592-DA41F1A0B4EC.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 62