Chanel Quality Issues and Repairs - Rant

Does anyone know how long the bag would take for repairs if it were sent to Paris?

I took my DS large tote in for repairs, the stitching on the intertwining leather in the chain handle was coming undone ... I got my bag back in 2 months. I'm in Canada BTW. It looks perfect now ... definitely worth the wait to have it sent to Paris since sometimes they might send it to a local repair shop to save money or reduce the time wait.

i have just received the lousiest Chanel CS ever regarding my beloved Metallic Navy Reissue. i read all the threads about this issue, & admittedly (& ashamedly) i thought it was the way the bags had been treated by their owners. i now know only too well that no matter how much of an OCD Queen you are & how much you baby them, peeling & fading does happen. infact, i was advised that "it was to be expected", not at the time of purchase you understand, only when there was a problem!

mine are only carried now & then, going out to dinner, lunch etc. when not in use, they are tissued up & safely in the box they came in. so, i definately did not expect this to happen.

if this isn't bad enough, during the last three months i have spent hours on end calling & e~mailing Paris & London trying to establish the whereabouts of my bag, it left the country twice without my prior knowledge! i was given name after name of those supposedly dealing with the issue, none of whom once called me off their own back. London still refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem with the mets, Paris on the other hand seem to have had a lot of complaints. & the arrogance! my god! i have made an official complaint, don't know if it will do any good tho.

one of the squares on the front of the bag began to turn "black" as the metallic finish was coming off, so one can imagine what this would look like as the problem got worse. i have to say, to me the Metallic Reissue is still a beautiful bag but if i knew this, i would never have bought any, now i am concerned about the others in my collection, especially as should anything go wrong with them (or indeed any of my Chanels), the dreadful uphill struggle i will have to get any kind of assistance.

oh & don't be under any illusion, you may think if you have a fab SA & you're spending plenty of $$$ you won't be treated like this. i thought so too, & boy was i ever wrong!

Reactions: Liberté
After reading many of these stories I am a little concerned. I just bought a black jumbo and I have a GST and a half moon WoC and have had no problems this far. Am wondering if I should just exchange Jumbo for LV Mahina???

I am so sorry you have all had such trouble!!

i have just received the lousiest Chanel CS ever regarding my beloved Metallic Navy Reissue. i read all the threads about this issue, & admittedly (& ashamedly) i thought it was the way the bags had been treated by their owners. i now know only too well that no matter how much of an OCD Queen you are & how much you baby them, peeling & fading does happen. infact, i was advised that "it was to be expected", not at the time of purchase you understand, only when there was a problem!

mine are only carried now & then, going out to dinner, lunch etc. when not in use, they are tissued up & safely in the box they came in. so, i definately did not expect this to happen.

if this isn't bad enough, during the last three months i have spent hours on end calling & e~mailing Paris & London trying to establish the whereabouts of my bag, it left the country twice without my prior knowledge! i was given name after name of those supposedly dealing with the issue, none of whom once called me off their own back. London still refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem with the mets, Paris on the other hand seem to have had a lot of complaints. & the arrogance! my god! i have made an official complaint, don't know if it will do any good tho.

one of the squares on the front of the bag began to turn "black" as the metallic finish was coming off, so one can imagine what this would look like as the problem got worse. i have to say, to me the Metallic Reissue is still a beautiful bag but if i knew this, i would never have bought any, now i am concerned about the others in my collection, especially as should anything go wrong with them (or indeed any of my Chanels), the dreadful uphill struggle i will have to get any kind of assistance.

oh & don't be under any illusion, you may think if you have a fab SA & you're spending plenty of $$$ you won't be treated like this. i thought so too, & boy was i ever wrong!

Hi!
Both my friend and I bought a black metallic reissue with gold chains and we both haven't really used much yet the corners and the sides and even the leather where the lock is, is turning greyish blue and the chains are turning silver. Can we bring it back to Chanel and ask them to fix this?

I went to one of the Chanel boutiques recently, I tired on a few bags while most were in perfect condition, one of them has 2 metal eyelets (rings) came off. One of the reissue227, even has the back metal plate came off as soon as the other customer lifted the bag up. :-s

I have to say I did make a purchase at the end, but I triple checked the bag was in absolute perfect condition. I love that boutique and the service has always been excellent. Also, I own a few Chanel items, they are all beautifully made and of very high quality.

I thought to let you all aware of this - remember to check properly before paying. Have you came across any experience like this with Chanel before?

Sorry to hear about all the worse cases you all experience. I had minor problem with my reissue but it wasn't as bad as most of you encountered. :shame:

Like ladydeluxe & venusfly, one side of the corner stitches from my 07A reissue came loose. I too thought it's my fault as I put too many papers in the pocket between the 2 flaps. & I'd been using it one month straight when I was on a trip, so at end, that's what happened to my reissue. Before I return home (no Chanel in NS:Push:smile:, I was able to drop by Toronto Chanel boutique, I met my lovely SA who said she can check if she can get it fix. (BTW, I didn't buy this bag from her as that size wasn't available in Canada, but she's so nice doing that for me:heart:). In the beginning I thought it will take some times to get it fixed & was worry how I can get my bag back since I'm not living in Toronto. But after 5 minutes or so, she brought back the bag to me & REPAIRED! Apperatly, they have a tailor on site. I don't know what I can say, not lucky to get problem with my bag, but lucky to get it reparied right away.:shame:

Now, I hope everyone who has problems will get all sorted out. Next time when I buy Chanel, I will definietly check the bag inside out before paying. That way, hopefully, may eliminate chances of getting problems in the future.
Omg! This is incredible. I know it’s been a while but do you by chance remember which store you went to? Was it the flagship? I need to get that stitch repaired as well.

This thread is over 10 years old......interesting.....Chanel had quality issues even over 10 years back. God, you have to inspect your bag in its entirety now and be the quality assurance. As a consumer, I never thought I would have to ask for all the bags in stock of that style and color and I would have to examine and choose the best one.