Chanel Quality Issues and Repairs - Rant

I know! :cursing: They also told me the reason the stitching in the chain was coming loose was because I was carrying too much in it, but obviously not because I've read about a lot of people with the same problem! So I dont know how long to wait until I make a big fuss about it!

How do they know how much you carry?.. I would have asked them, "did you follow me around every where, how do you know how much I carry in it"? ...See.... at that point.... I probably would have had to be dragged out by security:cursing:

I think a month is LONG enough. I would Call tomorrow

Holy this thread is so scary!
When I brought my GST to get repaired last month, they told me not to call and ask about it! How long should one wait before demanding a new one/money back??

I actually think it is their policy not to have customers call all the time RE: bag repairs. This would really interfere with normal sales activities and if the bag is not ready, it is not ready.

I've had my handbag and watch repaired and I never called, and they were returned to me in about a month or two. I'm in no rush with typical repairs because I have too many handbags and watches to wear in the meantime.

Be patient, give them time.

I'm not suprised that there are so many people who are dissatisfied with Chanel's repair service.

I had an experience with the Chanel Boutique in Melbourne where we placed a paris biarritz for repair in around Nov last year and the repair rceipt said it would be available for pick up 'around' January 2008. We got it back a week ago. The bag was hardly used before one of the buttoned closures fell off. When we confronted the Manager in April 2008 she made all sorts of excuses:

- she was waiting for proof of purchase, which, with the hologram sticker and being told it was purchased in Princes' Building in HK, I'm not sure what she was waiting for. She said it was not possible for her to check with the HK boutique based simply on the no. on the sticker which is BS i think. What is the point of having the hologram sticker and individual nos on bags then?

- when we complained that no one had called us to explain that they needed proof of purchase, she said she had called but no one answered and it was not her responsibility to make sure we answered the phone!

- she was waiting for response from the repairs dept in Paris because they were closed in Dec-Jan. Why on earth did they put an estimated availability date of Jan 2008 when they knew the factories were closed?

- we called about a week ago and was finally told that the bag was ready, but then the Manager told us that the part required had actually still not arrived so she took it off another bag? WTF!

I actually think it is their policy not to have customers call all the time RE: bag repairs. This would really interfere with normal sales activities and if the bag is not ready, it is not ready.

I've had my handbag and watch repaired and I never called, and they were returned to me in about a month or two. I'm in no rush with typical repairs because I have too many handbags and watches to wear in the meantime.

Be patient, give them time.

For what we pay...to attempt to set a "policy" like this against their customers is an insult. I am not saying call everyday but after a few weeks, if you haven't heard anything then its time to make calls. they should be understanding of your concern or refund your money or replace with another. I wouldnt stand for that.

koeeee - Melbourne has a reputation of really, really bad customer service - especially in the repairs department. Its happened to me too, and totally turned me off, I cant stand seeing those 'managers'. Hopeless!!

Happy to report that after bringing my broken bag in the manager submitted it for express repair which was estimated to be 4 weeks...yet it has barely been a week so far and I just got a call that my bag is ready for pick up.

i'm having issues with my 2mo old gst. the stitching near the chain is coming undone. my husband bought it at neimans and i don't have the receipt. waiting for them to even CALL me back 4 days now! wonder if they can look up receipt in their records? I'm going back to LV never had this happen and their bags did'nt cost this much!!

i'm having issues with my 2mo old gst. the stitching near the chain is coming undone. my husband bought it at neimans and i don't have the receipt. waiting for them to even CALL me back 4 days now! wonder if they can look up receipt in their records? I'm going back to LV never had this happen and their bags did'nt cost this much!!

They should have no problem looking it up for you. I use my amex all the time at NM and have not had any issues returning or exchanging items without a receipt.

GL!

so sorry to hear about your bag. I had a similar post about the black accordian bag with s/h. i bought it last week and wore it for the first time this week. I literally walked two blocks and the thread came lose on the straps. I called my SA at saks and she offered to get me a new one but they were out of stock. She says this bag is in High Demand and tried to locate it in another store but no luck. So she suggested i send it in for repair. She told me the bag will take 3 weeks to fix but from reading these posts i highly doubt it.

This is really upsetting especially when we are paying this much for it.

I just sent mine for repair yesterday at Chanel Bond Street. The SA said it will take 6 weeks. I hope I do get it soon.
Another thing, she did not quote me a price so I wonder how much it costs to fix the screw on the silver ring which holds the handle. Anyone?

Sorry to hear all the bad stories regarding Chanel bags. I was told by a SA in England that "Chanels are not made to be heavy" and basically "not to put much in the bag" - not sure what their definition of "too much" in the bag is.

Hope everything is sorted out to your satisfaction guys.