Chanel Quality Issues and Repairs - Rant

Yikes! I just took my beige GST in to get some marks off the corners & get some tiny rips towards the bottom of the bag fixed..I'm on pins & needles hoping they don't mess it up :sweatdrop: Unfortunately I won't have it back for close to 2 months :crybaby:i miss her already

Sounds awful, hope they sort it out!

The stitching on my vintage jumbo handle came undone but the bag was repaired within 48 hours. It was a very minor repair but not only did they fix the stitching they also cleaned and conditioned the leather and cleaned and polished the hardware. The bag came in a new box looking great! Strange how these things seem to vary, might depend on the country, perhaps (I'm in UK)?

48 HOURS! WOW! I just took in four of my bags for cleaning and the receipt was stamped 6-8 weeks! I hated parting with my bags for that long but I feel like crap carrying around bags that need cleaning/conditioning :shrugs::shrugs:

Only for the first year and with such bad repair service, I'd hardly think it's a benefit..

Just got a call from the Manager, still no word on the bag (I think they lost it) and they're giving me my money back. Unbelievable....

at least chanel is the only brand (that i know of) that repair and clean free of charge.

Taking a bag in to be serviced can be a very stressful experience indeed! I just brought my flap bag into the BH Chanel to repair my broken strap, and they fixed it during the same day, so I would recommend that location. The service rep just took it behind a door and said it would take 15 minutes, :nuts: my Mum and I walked around the boutique and browsed while we waited. Apparently they have a repair center right on the third floor, I saw a pile of vintage Chanels there, including a vintage Jumbo flap like Nicole R's. The boutique was really nice, they have pieces of art on the walls and the elevator walls has a background of translucent yellow roses. :heart:

at least chanel is the only brand (that i know of) that repair and clean free of charge.

Thats not true. They repair and clean free of charge only if the item is less then 1 year old.

I had a problem with a Chanel cuff bracelet. It snapped in half after 2 careful uses!!! :cursing:
Took it back to Melbourne boutique and they blamed me, said there is nothing they can do. I said I want it sent to the head office, its a manufacturing fault and it is illegal not to fix it, or let me return or exchange. After SIX MONTHS, I got a call that my cuff had been repaired and I had to pay $50. Bahhh. :hysteric:

I wont be buying their jewellery anymore, no matter how cute it is.

Don't LV do that too? My Mum had the handles of one of her bags repaired at no cost, and we get our bags cleaned regularly by the store too.

Im pretty sure LV dont clean bags anymore? Which store do you go to? I think they stopped about 6 months ago - no more cleaning. :tdown:

Thats not true. They repair and clean free of charge only if the item is less then 1 year old.

I had a problem with a Chanel cuff bracelet. It snapped in half after 2 careful uses!!! :cursing:
Took it back to Melbourne boutique and they blamed me, said there is nothing they can do. I said I want it sent to the head office, its a manufacturing fault and it is illegal not to fix it, or let me return or exchange. After SIX MONTHS, I got a call that my cuff had been repaired and I had to pay $50. Bahhh. :hysteric:

I wont be buying their jewellery anymore, no matter how cute it is.

oops i meant to add if it's less than a year old. thanks for clearing that up for me m1nime.

I stopped purchasing Chanel in 2006 because of the same reason. My bag was damaged when it was sent in for repairs and the stitches came back weak. I also experienced poor customer service in their NYC store. I don't purchase any Chanel bags anymore. The only things Chanel in my home are my Chanel cosmetics and perfumes.