Chanel purchase in Athens (Linea Piu)

colaangel

Aug 10, 2009
Before going to Athens, I tried to do some research on luxury shopping in that city. There is no independent Chanel boutique in Athens. The local luxury retailer Linea Piu stocks Chanel, but someone mentioned the collection was quite limited.

So I went without much hope for anything- except maybe for some classic earrings. Chanel boutiques in Rome/ Milan/ Paris have little stock of classic earrings for a while. (I'm living in London. Paris and Milan are easily accessible.)

How outdated was that information on Linea Piu! They have classic flap, reissue, some seasonal boy (no classic boy though) and so on. And the earring collection there was way better than, say, Chanel boutique in Milan. On Feb. 1st this year, there were the classic crystal CC studs in small silver, medium silver/ gold, and many more. I've even seen the Russian dolls...

Here are my purchases:
-13S A42175Y02003 Single band crystal in gold, 165 Euros incl. VAT
- 00V A3727702009 Gold CC with pearl, 170 Euros incl. VAT. The same pair was recently sold on Annsfabulousfinds for $275...

VAT in Greece is 23%. The refund may be something like 11-15% depending on how much you spend.

Always purchase classic Chanel earrings new from Boutique. Worked out for me way cheaper than any consignment.

Attachments

• DSC_0269.JPG
    DSC_0269.JPG
    315.4 KB · Views: 9,512
  • DSC_0270.JPG
    DSC_0270.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 9,170
Before going to Athens, I tried to do some research on luxury shopping in that city. There is no independent Chanel boutique in Athens. The local luxury retailer Linea Piu stocks Chanel, but someone mentioned the collection was quite limited.

So I went without much hope for anything- except maybe for some classic earrings. Chanel boutiques in Rome/ Milan/ Paris have little stock of classic earrings for a while. (I'm living in London. Paris and Milan are easily accessible.)

How outdated was that information on Linea Piu! They have classic flap, reissue, some seasonal boy (no classic boy though) and so on. And the earring collection there was way better than, say, Chanel boutique in Milan. On Feb. 1st this year, there were the classic crystal CC studs in small silver, medium silver/ gold, and many more. I've even seen the Russian dolls...

Here are my purchases:
- 00V A3727702009 Gold CC with pearl, 170 Euros incl. VAT. The same pair was recently sold on Annsfabulousfinds for $275...

VAT in Greece is 23%. The refund may be something like 11-15% depending on how much you spend.

Always purchase classic Chanel earrings new from Boutique. Worked out for me way cheaper than any consignment.

Congratulations on your lovely new earrings, and thanks for the updated news for shopping in Greece! :smile:

Here are my purchases:

Thanks for the intel. Did you find the pricing the same as in Paris for the classic bags? I'm curious as my in-laws live in Athens and will be visiting me in May. TIA

Here are my purchases:

Congrats! The earrings are so CLASSIC, love it. :smile:

Colaangel, I know this thread is old-- but I just wanted to know if the office for refund (vat) was open 24/7? I'm flying out to Athens and I really want to check out Linea Piu, but my return flight is super early. Let me know if you have any recollection of the process! Thanks :smile:

I love this store. Every time I travel to Greece I spend my last dey before departing on my own shopping and this is definitely one of my stops. The prices are FANTASTIC compared to Australia and when their are sales on, it's even better! Last year I picked up two pairs of gorgeous shoes. The year before, I picked up a timeless clutch, sunglasses and a pair of shoes (none on sale) for the cost of what the timeless cluch is in Australia.

just heard from DH holidaying in Athens, I asked him to pop in here since his hotel is close by, AND THEY HAD THE RUSSIAN DOLL EARRINGS! Sitting there since 2009... I never thought I'd ever find any, can't wait for him to get back!

I know it’s an old thread but I just wanted to share my experience on buying Chanel in Greece here rather than opening a new thread. This particular thread has helped me with this purchase so I wanted to give more information to others who is in search of Chanel in Greece like I was. So upon my holiday in Greece I emailed Linea Piu (the only chanel representative in Greece) asking if they have the bag I was looking for. They always replied to my email fast and quite informative, with pictures of the bags I asked. My visit was just when 18S was launching so they have all the bags I was looking for. In the end, I reserved a mini lambskin in light gold hardware. They can reserve a bag 24h for you but in my case, I need to reserve with full payment because my visit to their store was still 2 weeks away.

Linea Piu has 2 stores in Greece. One in Athens and one in Mykonos. The Mykonos boutique doesn’t open all year round just like all stores in Mykonos don’t (there is LV boutique too btw). This year they opened on March 26 until tourist season ended, maybe around October or November.

LP also reinforce one passport one bag rule for Chanel per 60 days. They almost made an exception for me but since I intended to buy the exact same bag in other color (mini), the didn’t allow me to. They gave 2 copies of tax refund form that served as sales invoice. One to give to custom/premier tax free, and one copy for you. I asked if they can deliver goods abroad, they say yes as long as you deliver within EU, but you have to arrange your own delivery.

In terms of stock, they have quite variety of stock. They carry classics and get seasonal bags the same time as in other european countries. At least for 18S they did. All I can speak of is for Mini, aside from black (thank God I had reserved in advance), almost all 18S colors were there. The boutiques are small. You have to ask them to show you.

Ask for unassembled box. Unless you want the real packaging (the feeling to unbox, yeah I know). I got all the wrapping papers, camelias, ribbon, magnetic box and paperbag flat so I just tossed them right away in my luggage. To complete the story, here is the picture of my Mini lambskin in light gold hardware.

c25f0145-b656-4dc3-b3da-a003b46b9980-jpeg.4027380
ef162b8f-28c0-49f4-8c00-5570ec28b557-jpeg.4027381

www.lineapiu.gr
[email protected]

Last edited:
I know it’s an old thread but I just wanted to share my experience on buying Chanel in Greece here rather than opening a new thread. This particular thread has helped me with this purchase so I wanted to give more information to others who is in search of Chanel in Greece like I was. So upon my holiday in Greece I emailed Linea Piu (the only chanel representative in Greece) asking if they have the bag I was looking for. They always replied to my email fast and quite informative, with pictures of the bags I asked. My visit was just when 18S was launching so they have all the bags I was looking for. In the end, I reserved a mini lambskin in light gold hardware. They can reserve a bag 24h for you but in my case, I need to reserve with full payment because my visit to their store was still 2 weeks away.

Linea Piu has 2 stores in Greece. One in Athens and one in Mykonos. The Mykonos boutique doesn’t open all year round just like all stores in Mykonos don’t (there is LV boutique too btw). This year they opened on March 26 until tourist season ended, maybe around October or November.

LP also reinforce one passport one bag rule for Chanel per 60 days. They almost made an exception for me but since I intended to buy the exact same bag in other color (mini), the didn’t allow me to. They gave 2 copies of tax refund form that served as sales invoice. One to give to custom/premier tax free, and one copy for you. I asked if they can deliver goods abroad, they say yes as long as you deliver within EU, but you have to arrange your own delivery.

In terms of stock, they have quite variety of stock. They carry classics and get seasonal bags the same time as in other european countries. At least for 18S they did. All I can speak of is for Mini, aside from black (thank God I had reserved in advance), almost all 18S colors were there. The boutiques are small. You have to ask them to show you.

Ask for unassembled box. Unless you want the real packaging (the feeling to unbox, yeah I know). I got all the wrapping papers, camelias, ribbon, magnetic box and paperbag flat so I just tossed them right away in my luggage. To complete the story, here is the picture of my Mini lambskin in light gold hardware.

c25f0145-b656-4dc3-b3da-a003b46b9980-jpeg.4027380
ef162b8f-28c0-49f4-8c00-5570ec28b557-jpeg.4027381

www.lineapiu.gr
[email protected]

Thank you for this post!
Did they have beige mini?