Chanel PST History

AllthingsLV

LVoe
O.G.
Apr 26, 2009
Hello All!!!

I was wondering if anyone knew the history of the PST? I just made a spur of the moment, without thinking, moving with my heart & not my head purchase from a trusted eBay seller I purchase from often. So since then I've been researching the Petite Shopping Tote but can't find any information on its history.

What I'm looking for is:
1. How many different iterations of the bag
there are?

2. What is the difference between each
iteration/launch of the PST?

3. How can I tell what series my bag is? And
not the serial/date code but the 12a, 13c,
etc. or if that even applies to the PST.

4. Is the PST considered a classic?

5. Why was the PST discontinued?

6. And any other fun facts you may know.

TIA!!!!

1) The PST was the smallest shopping tote. There were also GST and XL GST. Finally, there was the PTT (Petite Timeless Tote) that was shorter and deeper than the PST. It also had a zip top and feet on the bottom.

2) the PST was the same design season after season.

3) the date code will give you a pretty good guesstimate. The only way to get more exact is by having the tag or knowing the color was specific to a certain season.

4) no not a classic. (Classics aren't discontinued.) More of a pseudo classic.

5) only Chanel knows for sure, but the size was kind of awkward for most and it seemed the GST sold a lot better. It also was starting to feel a little dated as the brand began moving in a different direction.

6) the PST was just one of many casualties of 2012. Chanel introduced the boy bag in late 2011 and began to clean house of its older designs moving into 2012 such as the PST, PTT, Medallion, Cambon, and the single flap became a double flap.

1) The PST was the smallest shopping tote. There were also GST and XL GST. Finally, there was the PTT (Petite Timeless Tote) that was shorter and deeper than the PST. It also had a zip top and feet on the bottom.

Thank you so much!!!! This was a big help. I just remembered one more question. I noticed that in the earlier years the CC is sewn onto the front of the PST alomost like a patch and there is no inscription on the grommets. Then Chanel started to stitch the CC directly into the front and the Cambon address is on the grommets. Those are the only 2 things I saw different through the years of the bag, but I wonder what other differences there are?

Other changes that I know of are in the interior. The old PST had a D-ring whereas the new one has a long leather strap with key hook (where you can attach your wallet, pouch, keys, etc. to). The interior lining has also changed. The older version's thicker (ottoman) lining has changed to a more of luxurious satin lining in the new PST.

Other changes that I know of are in the interior. The old PST had a D-ring whereas the new one has a long leather strap with key hook (where you can attach your wallet, pouch, keys, etc. to). The interior lining has also changed. The older version's thicker (ottoman) lining has changed to a more of luxurious satin lining in the new PST.

Thank you so much!!! Great information!!