Chanel product quality? Take a look at my GST.

How sad. I really don't understand how this could happen with the amount of money you are spending for a purse. I really love the brand but i can't stand the fact that so many people are having quality issues.

That is terrible!! I think I might actually have cried! (does that sound overly dramatic...)

Seriously, for the money you spend I want my Chanel bags to still be going strong in ten years, let alone a few short months. How sad that whilst the prices seem to be sky-rocketing the quality is so obviously deteriorating.

So sorry to hear that. But you can always take it back to the boutique. see what they say. if you can exchange it with another bag. then, exchange it. rather than have it repaired.
Hope everything turns out well.

i feel for you. that's exactly what happened to my pst not even a month after i bought it. the lv batignolles that i bought at the same time looked brand new while my "more expensive" chanel broke in about 21 days. it's a good thing they repair it for free.

I mentioned this in another post about Chanel, but you should have a look the book Deluxe by Dana Thomas. She talks about how a lot of the houses are quietly outsourcing the manufacture of their bags to China and then saving one or two final steps for Italy or France so that the "Made in" label can be attached and (presumably), no one is the wiser. They are all looking for a lot of ways to cut back on quality and boost profitability - it's the entire premise of her book. It's a good read and worth the time...

Reactions: MsModernShopper