Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

Hi! New member here :smile: I am heading to Paris this weekend to buy my first Chanel. I am starting with the SLG chanel cardholder first and was wondering if there is good stock in the Chanel stores in Paris? And how much does it retail in Paris? Thank you in advance! x

Last edited:
Hi! New member here :smile: I am heading to Paris this weekend to buy my first Chanel. I am starting with the SLG chanel cardholder first and was wondering if there is good stock in the Chanel stores in Paris? And how much does it retail in Paris? Thank you in advance! x

My cousin was there a few weeks ago and sent me this pic w some prices. Not sure Rome or Paris - she went to both, but I'm guessing they're on par.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1464703596.997238.jpg

You would get some VAT taxes back at the airport (need paperwork).

Did you end up purchasing anything?

I'm so sorry you had such poor experiences at so many of the boutiques! That just seems wrong to me. For heavens sake, you are looking at bags that cost thousands of dollars and they don't have the time to show them to you? Are you very young perhaps and they thought you weren't a serious buyer? It's still wrong if they did of course. If it helps, I'm over 50 and I've been treated poorly at Chanel including Rue Cambon and the one in my home town here in the U.S. I try to keep a sense of humor about it though it's annoying. I think snooty SA's are rude to pretty much everyone.

No I'm in my 30s. I forget what I was wearing...I think just jeans and a sweater. I'm a minimalist and I don't wear jewelry and don't use expensive bags/shoes on vacation so I probably didn't look like a serious buyer. Even so...yea it's totally annoying. It casts a shadow on something I love doing (shopping!!!!) haha.

Having been to all the stores mentioned numerous times I have to say that the summary is perfect. I've given up on the "experience" and have found that when I get sentimental about my purchases I've always been disappointed. I'm practical about it now and buy where the best stock is and where I can get exactly what I want. I've also become shameless and if I see that they haven't showed me stuff or not getting the service then I pull them up on it.

On the sales assistant, I've generally had ok/good experiences but I've seen them treat others really badly in front of me. A couple of sales assistants have looked at me even rolled their eyes at their customer and started talking about them to me. I've even seen them telling them they don't have stock of items that I know they have stock of.

Completely agree...I've given up having a good experience at the Paris stores. But I'm usually laser focused on particular items. Perhaps they are nicer to people who are more flexible - someone they can coax into buying something not 100% what they wanted. If I really wanted something they didn't show to me (but saw on a shelf), I would definitely ask for it :smile: It's just interesting to me that they would not show me all of the options (signs of a bad SA imo).

Did you end up purchasing anything?

I'm so sorry you had such poor experiences at so many of the boutiques! That just seems wrong to me. For heavens sake, you are looking at bags that cost thousands of dollars and they don't have the time to show them to you? Are you very young perhaps and they thought you weren't a serious buyer? It's still wrong if they did of course. If it helps, I'm over 50 and I've been treated poorly at Chanel including Rue Cambon and the one in my home town here in the U.S. I try to keep a sense of humor about it though it's annoying. I think snooty SA's are rude to pretty much everyone.

oh and I didn't get anything...I think it was my first unsuccessful shopping trip in Paris (I have gone 1-2 times a year for awhile now) :sad:

And not just Chanel...I love celine, lv, and hermes too. There was no stock of anything I was looking for :sad:((((

oh and I didn't get anything...I think it was my first unsuccessful shopping trip in Paris (I have gone 1-2 times a year for awhile now) :sad:

And not just Chanel...I love celine, lv, and hermes too. There was no stock of anything I was looking for :sad:((((

That's too bad, I know the feeling, but it is better to hold out for what you really want than be persuaded to get something that will later become an expensive mistake.

I also am very casual when traveling, no jewelry, usually have come in from walking for blocks from one of the museums so I think that has something to do with the less than enthusiastic reception from SA's. Though I didn't have that issue in either Amsterdam or Berlin where the SA's were lovely no matter how I looked lol!

Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie and would love some help with this. I've been on a waistlist in NYC for a Chanel WOC Black quilted caviar with GHW for a few months. My husband recently surprised me with a trip to Paris for this summer and I would love to make my purchase there- however I do not know what inventory is like. Will there be a waitlist for this item? Are they readliy available? I would love to wait and find out, but should I purchase here in NYC if I get called for the waitlisted bag before my trip? Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone! I'm a newbie and would love some help with this. I've been on a waistlist in NYC for a Chanel WOC Black quilted caviar with GHW for a few months. My husband recently surprised me with a trip to Paris for this summer and I would love to make my purchase there- however I do not know what inventory is like. Will there be a waitlist for this item? Are they readliy available? I would love to wait and find out, but should I purchase here in NYC if I get called for the waitlisted bag before my trip? Thanks in advance!

If you absolutely want this bag, do not let it up to chance and buy it in NYC if it comes in. There is a possibility they may have it in Paris but you can't predict/know the stock they will have at the time of your visit. Plus...how nice will it be to have a new WOC for your Paris trip :biggrin:

I can tell you from experience that it takes up a lot of time to go from store to store to check on a bag (eats into your vacation time).

My cousin was there a few weeks ago and sent me this pic w some prices. Not sure Rome or Paris - she went to both, but I'm guessing they're on par.

View attachment 3369822

You would get some VAT taxes back at the airport (need paperwork).

That's interesting. My friend was in Paris about two weeks ago and she wanted to buy these types of card holders in Rue Cambon store , she was told that the Chanel boutique in the whole Europe do not have stock of those card holders. She ended up buying the card holders without the flaps.

If you absolutely want this bag, do not let it up to chance and buy it in NYC if it comes in. There is a possibility they may have it in Paris but you can't predict/know the stock they will have at the time of your visit. Plus...how nice will it be to have a new WOC for your Paris trip :biggrin:

I can tell you from experience that it takes up a lot of time to go from store to store to check on a bag (eats into your vacation time).

Yes I figured that was the best option. I was hoping to hold out since I know that the price is also better in Paris. Thanks for your input! :smile: