Chanel Prices and Stock in PARIS and other Chanel in Paris questions!

For any of the ladies going to Paris from the UK to buy a Chanel bag....have you given any consideration to cost in Paris vs UK?

My heart is set on buying at Rue Cambon but based on the price info at chanelprices.com it looks like it's quite a bit cheaper to buy in the uk.

A jumbo flap in uk costs £3425. In Paris it costs €4750 which at today's exchange rate works out at £3670, so £245 more expensive. Exchange rates obviously fluctuate but I'm now conflicted about paying several hundred pounds more just for the 'Rue Cambon' experience.

I'm really interested in hearing what anyone else thinks....:smile:

+1 I did the same comparison too for the m/l classic flap between London and Paris. Given this week's exchange rates, London turned out to be about $300 cheaper.

For a first purchase, understandably, getting it from rue cambon would be such a thrill. I guess that price difference would just be the cost of buying your handbag from the original boutique. But for practicality, I would purchase mine in London as this is also my first stop when I travel in May. Getting a purse from New Bond Street would also be a great experience given that it's one of the biggest Chanel stores based on what I've read. Then I am planning to buy smaller items from the cambon like perfume and card holder, earrings etc .

Overall, it's Chanel. It'll still be magical [emoji6]

+1 I did the same comparison too for the m/l classic flap between London and Paris. Given this week's exchange rates, London turned out to be about $300 cheaper.

For a first purchase, understandably, getting it from rue cambon would be such a thrill. I guess that price difference would just be the cost of buying your handbag from the original boutique. But for practicality, I would purchase mine in London as this is also my first stop when I travel in May. Getting a purse from New Bond Street would also be a great experience given that it's one of the biggest Chanel stores based on what I've read. Then I am planning to buy smaller items from the cambon like perfume and card holder, earrings etc .

Overall, it's Chanel. It'll still be magical [emoji6]

Depends on the base currency , for me, mine is Singapore dollars. And in recent months, Japan is the cheapest for Chanel. Shocking, I know.

Thanks ladies for your replies and great advice. I'm going to London for work at the end of March so I may just buy there. It's really hard to justify paying more, on top of a very expensive handbag to start with!

Just got back from Rue Cambon and Rue Montaigne. Will mostly speak for Boy bags since that's what I came for.

Both had iridescent Boy's in all 3 colors, I was searching for medium bags but did see them in small and large.

Cambon: Less selection as expected but was hoping to see a bit more than the boutiques in Rome and Barcelona which only had Cruise '16. My SA only showed me iridescent and a non-quilted black boy with rhw. When I inquired about other colors she said that was it...

Montaigne: Service was exceptional and friendly! My SA was extremely helpful and simply opened up the closet that showed all available Boy bag colors! She also walked me over to the boutique across the street (Montaigne has 2) when I inquired about the difference in stock at the two, and also opened the closet for me there. Definitely a lot more selection, but nothing that I was really looking for outside of the iridescent. Lots of shw and rhw, with greens, reds, blues. Some beige and cream? (lighter than beige) as well. Few ghw except for the Cruise patent in red and pink. There was a nice non-patent blue/ghw too. Ultimately purchased my iridescent here, despite the same bag being at Cambon, since I was so pleased with the care and service of my SA!

Hello Aerolite, I am glad to hear you had a great time and outstanding level of service at Chanel in Paris. Congratulations on your purchase! If you don't mind me asking, would you know the price for boy old medium and rectangular minis? I have my black caviar SHW mini and would like another and looking to add my first boy since I already have my classic flaps:smile:

Hi! Would anyone know how much are the chanel boy old medium in Paris as well as the Chanel mini flap (rectangle) and if its available in black and ghw? thank you!

+1

No unfortunately the PST is seasonal or even discontinued.

Hello Bibi if you do not mind me asking, by any chance you would know the prices for the old boy medium (this would be my first boy since I currently own only classics) and Chanel rectangular (I own one black SHW but would like another black maybe GHW) and square minis? Ty so much for all the info!

Hi ladies,

I will be travelling to UK and Paris in April. Planning to buy my 1st dream bag (a black cavier M/L CF with ghw in Paris. However from reading the threads here, seems like the bag will be cheaper to buy in UK, as compared to Paris.

May I know if I made a purchase in UK, will I be able to do the tax refund in Italy instead?

May I know ask about the stock level of the bags in UK vs Paris. Where will I be having a higher chances to land my hand on the classic flap bags?

Thanks in advance.

hi everyone, im in Paris for the next two days and hope to get myself a long (costume) pearl necklace and maybe a ring or sandals :smile:
hope the shops are not too busy [emoji1]
if anyone wanna grab a coffee or hit the boutique together, I'm traveling by myself :smile:

hi everyone, im in Paris for the next two days and hope to get myself a long (costume) pearl necklace and maybe a ring or sandals :smile:
hope the shops are not too busy [emoji1]
if anyone wanna grab a coffee or hit the boutique together, I'm traveling by myself :smile:

Hi Plushpurse,

If its not too troublesome, will you be able to find out and share the price of a M/L Classic Flap here? Thanks in advance.

Hi Coco.lover I hope you had a great time in Paris. Any Intel on prices? Old medium and rectangular minis? Ty and hope you brought lots of beauties!!

Hello Aerolite, I am glad to hear you had a great time and outstanding level of service at Chanel in Paris. Congratulations on your purchase! If you don't mind me asking, would you know the price for boy old medium and rectangular minis? I have my black caviar SHW mini and would like another and looking to add my first boy since I already have my classic flaps:smile:

+1

Hello Bibi if you do not mind me asking, by any chance you would know the prices for the old boy medium (this would be my first boy since I currently own only classics) and Chanel rectangular (I own one black SHW but would like another black maybe GHW) and square minis? Ty so much for all the info!

Found the answers.. Ty[emoji4][emoji173]️

Hi ladies,

I will be travelling to UK and Paris in April. Planning to buy my 1st dream bag (a black cavier M/L CF with ghw in Paris. However from reading the threads here, seems like the bag will be cheaper to buy in UK, as compared to Paris.

May I know if I made a purchase in UK, will I be able to do the tax refund in Italy instead?

May I know ask about the stock level of the bags in UK vs Paris. Where will I be having a higher chances to land my hand on the classic flap bags?

Thanks in advance.

Paris is mostly likely cheaper and probably has the best stock. VAT return is 11% in the UK and 12% in Paris .. also the dollar is usually worth more in Euros than pounds