• Crazy

Votes: 649 89.8%
  • I will keep purchasing

Votes: 74 10.2%

• Total voters

babypanda

O.G.
Dec 30, 2009
So it looks like the price increase in the US isn’t as steep as in Europe. Which kind of confirms the idea that Chanel are trying to make their prices equal worldwide to encourage everyone to shop in their country

LilyLA

Nov 30, 2016
They extended one more day for the increase b/c of the flood at the warehouse. Today is the last day.
They actually extended it to today to 4pm too! I managed to get a black leather Chanel 19 flap (small). I am soooo elated . I missed the call but luckily called them back ten minutes before 4pm. The person processing orders said I just made the cutoff for old pricing.

Reactions: Stratford

Iana24

Feb 26, 2018
They actually extended it to today to 4pm too! I managed to get a black leather Chanel 19 flap (small). I am soooo elated . I missed the call but luckily called them back ten minutes before 4pm. The person processing orders said I just made the cutoff for old pricing.
Wow lucky you. I can feel your excitement. Congratz!

Reactions: LilyLA

LilyLA

Nov 30, 2016
Where did you call?
South Coast Plaza (Costa Mesa, CA). To be fair, I had texted my SA last Monday to see if it was possible to get a 19 flap, and she had to get me onto the waiting list. There were quite a few people ahead of me so I'm guessing a large shipment to the warehouse must have gotten in? :hrmm:

luvleeness

Apr 2, 2012
Calgary, AB, Canada
I should have checked the news. Been eyeing a black or grey mini square for years and now it seems too unreasonable to acquire for $5k Canadian. And I'm 1 week too late. Can anyone please recommend an alternative small or mini bag? Heading to a chanel boutique now to see if I can still be tempted. Thanks heaps. Hope you are safe and well.

Last edited:

Shanneo

Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
I have a question on Chanel prices .i had bought my coco handle 29 cm at SGD5680 from my local boutique back in Feb 2019 . BUT This bag costs SGD5460 since October 2019 to now June 2020 based on their official website .i said October 2019 as I kept pics of the page and cross referenced to my own purchase in Feb 2019 as I was just browsing the recent new prices.

so effectively,the price for the bag dropped after I purchased it haha

Hmm..can anyone kindly explain the possible reason to me or encountered similar price drops?
I am just baffled that the price will change like this ,although I am still very happy I managed to buy the bag

https://www.bragmybag.com/chanel-coco-handle-bag/

This post by bragmybag dated oct 2019 also shows SGD5460 haha
Thank you in advance :smile:

pinky7129

O.G.
Feb 19, 2007
NY
Question for anyone who ordered a bag before the increase- If you return the bag shipping it with the FedEx label it comes with, how long does it take to get a refund?

Lady Stardust

Je m'en foutiste
O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
NYC
www.instagram.com
I love Chanel but this latest increase is a lot. When I got into Chanel, Classic Flaps were still around $2300, that seems like a million years ago! Having been around when they were cheaper, I think it also makes it harder to see the increases because we remember the old pricing. While it is what it is, the thing that I find the most "off-putting" I guess is that it also affects the resale/vintage prices. Spending $7K on a new Chanel bag is one thing, but I also love vintage Chanel and I'm not really willing to spend 3K on a vintage bag...(when nice bags from other brands are new and under $2500 for example) I get it's supply and demand and exclusivity etc it just totally changes my view on it which makes me a bit sad, honestly!