Chanel plexiglass bags

baghag21

O.G.
Jan 7, 2006
It took me a long while to warm up to these bags. While I admired the Lego bricks and the Chanel No. 5 bottle bag, it was not until the Robot and Rocket that made me really want one. SS2019 Act 2’s shell is pretty but does not resonate with me. There’s also an oval transparent or black one with metallic fringes, which while a unique bag, it’s not as special as the thematic ones. Fall 2019’s cable car is amazing but the price point is way up there. I may have to go the reseller route for one.

My Chanel store advised that we should at least own one of these special bags. I was discussing this with a Hermes-centric friend and she said that while it’s “a plastic bag, it’s a rare one”.

Ladies ... what are your thoughts on these bags? A must-have? Would you buy one over a regular leather Birkin, Kelly or Constance? I know the usage differs from a leather bag since it’s an occasion vs casual, daily bag. Usage and practicality aside, I would love to hear your thoughts on the plexiglass bags.

Thanks in advance.

What kind of buyer are you? Do you only collect foundation pieces or do you buy the fashion forward bags and then sell them when they're not on trend? If you saw this bag at Marshalls, Ross or any other discount store, would you buy it? Are or you only considering it because it's Chanel? They don't appeal to me for several reasons: too much money for plastic, I don't like the see though aspect and they'll be dated quickly.

I love the Chanel minaudieres, they are definitely collector’s items. If they do another perfume bottle I would add that to my collection, it’s fun yet very iconic Chanel. I considered the spring shell but it just wasn’t total love for me. Since they are very expensive I think it’s about finding the right one that really resonates with you.

Reactions: Tykhe
I love the Chanel minaudieres, they are definitely collector’s items. If they do another perfume bottle I would add that to my collection, it’s fun yet very iconic Chanel. I considered the spring shell but it just wasn’t total love for me. Since they are very expensive I think it’s about finding the right one that really resonates with you.
Yeah I agree with this. I would love to add a perfume bottle to my collection. I just haven’t found one that I really liked yet.

I would “invest” in a birkin or Kelly but not Chanel. Nothing beats the craftsmanship. The Constance, while the most difficult to make of the three styles, has a more limited capacity and though I do not own one, supposedly they can be difficult to open.

Ladies ... Thank you for the advise and questions to stimulate a more robust thought process.

I would not describe myself as fashion forward. More classic with a twist or a touch of edginess. For an example, I would wear a classic Chanel jacket with drop crotch pants and sneakers.

It is hard to deny that I am considering a Chanel minaudiere because it is a Chanel. There is inextricable and inherent attraction to the brand and uniqueness because it is Chanel. Would I buy the Robot bag if it wasn’t Chanel ... sure, because it is so quirky. Am I buying it because it’s Chanel ... definitely, because of the plastic quality that Chanel would have used and it is a special piece and more so because it’s Chanel.

I have Kellys, Birkins and Constances. Regular leather and exotic skin. A Chanel minaudiere will be a different and refreshing piece.

And yes ... I would love a perfume bottle as well. I did see a transparent one from a reseller.

Now if only the prices were more friendly ... [emoji28]

This photo from Christie's IG resonate with me because I have the C24 (black croc with Rouge H interior) and I love the Robot. I think this pic is an inspiration for me.

Christie's C24 croc & Robot.jpg

Last edited: